Mount Juliet at Whitehaven

MJGOLDENBEARS

Yes sir both are playing.

Excellent. That's good to hear. I haven't seen anybody be able to contain Barshay on the DL all year. With Mike Perry and Jaylon Walton out there ... you have to play them honest ... and it's just downright impossible to block each of them on every down ... not to mention it free's up our corp of LBs to just stuff holes and make plays. Then there is Shabar on the edge being the monster that he is. He's too strong to push off of the LOS against opposing tackles and TEs and too fast for an OT to contain him from coming around on the weakside. With J'len coming from the strong other side ... it just creates havoc!

I've been thinking about our depth. It is a very good thing at this time of the year to still have as many contributing players that we currenhtly have. We've had all year to compensate for losing Aaron Thompson after the first game of the season. I have to admit ... I'm going to miss seeing big #66 lead the way for Dylan and Ray. I'm glad we are 2 deep on the Oline and Dline. It was good to see Javeon Fifer in the Antioch game as well. We are going to need everybody. I don't envy a team that has third and long against our D. It makes for a looong night.

Edited by kwc

I just found a nice little gem. It seems that Wiliamson County has a game of the week and you can watch them for free.

Williamson County TV - Game of the Week

The only Mt. Juliet game is when they played against Franklin. But there are other games as well. Franklin has two games on there. So does Ravenwood. Check it out.

Edited by kwc

Excellent. That's good to hear. I haven't seen anybody be able to contain Barshay on the DL all year. With Mike Perry and Jaylon Walton out there ... you have to play them honest ... and it's just downright impossible to block each of them on every down ... not to mention it free's up our corp of LBs to just stuff holes and make plays. Then there is Shabar on the edge being the monster that he is. He's too strong to push off of the LOS against opposing tackles and TEs and too fast for an OT to contain him from coming around on the weakside. With J'len coming from the strong other side ... it just creates havoc!

I've been thinking about our depth. It is a very good thing at this time of the year to still have as many contributing players that we currenhtly have. We've had all year to compensate for losing Aaron Thompson after the first game of the season. I have to admit ... I'm going to miss seeing big #66 lead the way for Dylan and Ray. I'm glad we are 2 deep on the Oline and Dline. It was good to see Javeon Fifer in the Antioch game as well. We are going to need everybody. I don't envy a team that has third and long against our D. It makes for a looong night.

Dang, happened to 66? I thought he came back from his injury a couple weeks ago. He was like a Mack truck pulling around the edge anything in his path was steam rolled. He will definitely be missed on the oline!

Dang, happened to 66? I thought he came back from his injury a couple weeks ago. He was like a Mack truck pulling around the edge anything in his path was steam rolled. He will definitely be missed on the oline!

ACL ... he was in a wheel chair after the Antioch game was over. Probably precautionary but he's done for the season. He was definately a Mack Truck!

ACL ... he was in a wheel chair after the Antioch game was over. Probably precautionary but he's done for the season. He was definately a Mack Truck!

A breakdown of MJ from a fans perspective, we have struggled mightily versus speedy, athletic, inner city schools. The two examples we have played, Cane Ridge and Mcgavock.... We lost to Cane Ridge 27-6 and Mcgavock 49-21... We rely heavily on the accuracy of our QB and the ability of our receivers to get open. We do have a few quick wideouts that can get open.... We have a huge Oline, but honestly they have been alittle overrated this year. Our run game has been weak all year, we average somewhere around 3.5 yards per carry (which is terrible in high school) as for defensively we are solid at times or inept. Like I said we struggle versus speed, we do have size all around but we don't have enough speed to chase down fast players. Dline is probably the highlight of our D, they are big and aggressive, our linebackers are solid especially number 2, and our secondary is mediocre. I say that because the only game I saw them play where they were tested, they got burnt bad....

Overall it would take a perfect game to matchup with Whitehaven, one thing is for sure our coaches will have the boys ready and they won't just go all the way to Memphis 10 to just lay down. As for Whitehaven, much respect to their program, they continue to find success. Hopefully yall don't lay the smack down as project pat would say..

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS