Round 2: CAK @ Elizabethton

EHSTrack06

There will be a great crowd on the home side until after halftime. The 1st half the fans will quite but at halftime they  will get loud then 40% will leave. For you CAK people EHS is the only school to build a multi million stadium for the band because you could fit the football fans into a stadium with 25% less seats.

Where are the cyclone fans that believe we can win. These kids need our support, can you imagine how the players feel with us already being labeled as losers. We may as well just stop playing ball and just mail alcoa the trophy. This is pitiful.

You are correct.  However, I do feel the Cyclones can win. I also think they will.  This has been going on since before my son played his 4 years. The adults see a CAK or Alcoa or Greeneville they automatically start making excuses why we will lose. If they ae doing that here they are doing it in public and it eventually makes its way back to the team. Then like the scott game they are so nervous or tore up they do not perform because in their head they are already beat.

You tell me how CAK is suppose to just walk over us? Because they scored 35 against Johnson co? They also gave up 14. Because their division is stronger? Well sorry PF beat their 3 team.. I just don not see how it is stronger. 

This group plays as a whole. As long as they all understand that is all they have to do Friday. They will advance. It may not be a blowout it may not be easy. But they can and will play with CAK or Alcoa. 

As far as the fan support leaving etc. So what it is not the football parents fault someone decided to give all the season tickets to band parents. (Which is another discussion I prefer not to speak about on here.) Some of us are their to support the players and the band as well. Although some people make it hard to support both.

Anyhow yes Cyclones will win in a close one. They can advance and they can advance next week as well.

Show me anyone CAK has played that we could not have had the same outcome with. It is not there.

PS If we are going by previous games it was 

Elizabethton 38 Johnson County 13 And we did not play the best game.

CAK 37 Johnson county 14 and all I see is how they played a great game.

Edited by Woodby30

I'd like to throw in a few items, perhaps for some balance:

First, none of the people acting like CAK is going to walk all over the Cyclones are CAK fans. I was at the first game between these two teams (years ago) and it was a dog fight. I don't think any of the CAK coaches or players think that Betsy is going to roll over just because CAK comes to town. We have the utmost respect for your coach and your program.

As far as a couple of facts about scores, I will add some context. Johnson County played hard. But it was 37-0 at the half. CAK played their defensive starters for one series in the opening of the second half, and never played their offensive starters in the second half. One interesting thing about 3A football is that our "2nd" string players, or 3rd string players, are just starters from another position. So, for instance, our 2nd string QB is our starting OLB. In order for CRB to get all his starters off the field, he has to go beyond going to those options. The 14 that JC scored were against that defense, not our 1st, 2nd string etc.

I pull for Scott Co. Great people and great fans, especially their basketball program. A really nice community of salt of the earth people. The fact is that CAK won that game 35-0. If memory serves, the score was 35-0 at the half, but I cannot honestly remember, it may have been 28-0 at the half.

On the other hand, CAK started off the year (on paper) with one of it's best teams in it's brief history, but lost 3 of it's top 6 players to season ending ACL injuries during the season. Don't get me wrong, this team is still a top team in 3A (no question) but it is hard for any team, let alone a 3A team, to lose 3 critical starters and not feel it.

Looking forward to a good game, great atmosphere at Betsy, and hopefully the Warriors will have enough to pull out a win! Do you guys still have that beautiful flag at the stadium?

We got a flag it's on the side where the band sits. No fireworks for now though. You'll like the new stadium. The seats all have backs and the field is beautiful. As for prediction. Neither team is gonna blow out the other as the last meeting was pretty close and iirc that year cak went on to win it all. I give it a 1 td win to either cak or ehs. If ehs cuts their penalties and get the run/pass balance we will do great.