Catholic at Fulton

QSouth89

Should be a great game. Last game was much closer than the score indicated. Catholic was driving on the final series with a chance to win and threw an interception that was returned for a TD as time expired.

Catholic seems to be peaking at the right time but they haven't been challenged in 6 weeks. QB has made huge strides in moving from third-stringer to starter. Kuerschen has gotten into game shape as the Fulton game was his first appearance of the season. Defense has improved with new schemes.

Both teams have big play potential. You've got to either make them or stop them.

I'm feeling an Irish win!

Even though we beat Catholic already, they are a DANGEROUS team right now. I believe both teams will be ready in this game, but to me the biggest question I have for Catholic is Can they contain Mobley? Central did probably the best job against him, outside of Maryville, that anybody did all year. If he gets loose, Fulton wins. If Catholic contains him, they can win this game.

Mobley did score a touchdown on Catholic but I don't recall his yards rushing. Fulton scored 34 but Kimber had a pick 6 with no time on the clock when Catholic threw a Hail Mary pass and the score was 28-23, Dobson ran a fake punt for a TD (the Irish had 10 players on the field) and then a WR for Fulton (can't remember his name) scored a TD when an interception was tipped by Catholic's safey's into his hands.  Catholic's defense forced a lot of 3 and outs on Fulton last time played.  However, Fulton's defense held Catholic scoreless a few times in the red zone especially in the third quarter. If Catholic can run the ball effectively, I really like their chances,

Edited by QSouth89

I have to agree with Turtle.  Winning makes kids WANT to play for you, no need to chase.  I've said for years that I believe programs like Alcoa, Maryville, and Fulton don't need to recruit those championship trophies are all that's needed.

Very profound statement.   After watching Maryville earlier this year I asked my son if he would rather stand on Maryville's sideline all 4 years or play every down for Boone.   Without hesitation he said Maryville.    Winning breeds winning and losing breeds losing.    That's why when a team gets down it's hard to get the guys out the next year.    Playing football requires a huge sacrifice of time and energy.     Doing so knowing that you have a reasonable chance of losing all your games, well that just isn't going to motivate many guys.

Very profound statement.   After watching Maryville earlier this year I asked my son if he would rather stand on Maryville's sideline all 4 years or play every down for Boone.   Without hesitation he said Maryville.    Winning breeds winning and losing breeds losing.    That's why when a team gets down it's hard to get the guys out the next year.    Playing football requires a huge sacrifice of time and energy.     Doing so knowing that you have a reasonable chance of losing all your games, well that just isn't going to motivate many guys.

I agree with you, but a great coach can motivate and get the most out of their kids to play their hardest or put them in position to be successful.  I know talent goes a long way but some coaches know how to push the right buttons and can get every drop of ability from their kids.  I taught my kids to be competitors and never back down from any challenge. But it's hard to argue with the success of those programs.

Edited by QSouth89

Guest Motorcity1

Even though we beat Catholic already, they are a DANGEROUS team right now. I believe both teams will be ready in this game, but to me the biggest question I have for Catholic is Can they contain Mobley? Central did probably the best job against him, outside of Maryville, that anybody did all year. If he gets loose, Fulton wins. If Catholic contains him, they can win this game.

Spot on! Catholic is playing great football down the wire. Yet, Fulton has had the toughest schedule in east Tennessee and managed it very well. If Catholic uses the CHS vs Fulton film to their defensive and offensive advantage, and prevents big plays down field, they have a good chance of upsetting the Falcons. Can't wait to see this one!

Catholic will not win this game. If Fulton contains the Rodgers kid its a wrap. Just like last year game, take Rodgers out the game they have nothing.

Gotta disagree they also have chase K ( I don't remember how to spell his last name) but he is a beast #36 great hands and routes we will have to contain him as well... I think as long as we create pressure up front we will be able to contain Catholic's big play threats... This will be a greT game for sure...

Catholic will not win this game. If Fulton contains the Rodgers kid its a wrap. Just like last year game, take Rodgers out the game they have nothing.

And if Catholic can prevent the big special team plays or not give Fulton a defensive score they'll be in the game. A whole lot of IF's lol Edited by QSouth89

#36 Chase Kuerschen is a big time play maker for Catholic.  He was not in game shape or ready to play the last time these two met.  He's very physical, fast, quick, and strong.  Catholic's young Quarterback will be a key to how well their offense performs this week.  Should be a great game. I'm just not sure that Catholic can stop all the weapons that Fulton has offensively.  Williams and Dobson are both great players, and will allow enough attention that the other WR's get open. Mobley will have to be contained with shorter than 3 yard runs. I'm calling ..................................., not sure, but Fulton is still leading in the post season win column against Catholic until Catholic does something about it.  

truth there......he single handedly took down the Irish with catching the ball (in or out of the back field) and special teams....we kept him somewhat subdued running out of the back field; but we really had nothing for him......w/out him; KC doesnt win that game

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Spot on! Catholic is playing great football down the wire. Yet, Fulton has had the toughest schedule in east Tennessee and managed it very well. If Catholic uses the CHS vs Fulton film to their defensive and offensive advantage, and prevents big plays down field, they have a good chance of upsetting the Falcons. Can't wait to see this one!

I'd say Union Co. would argue the " fulton has had the toughest schedule in east tennessee" thing....HA....man, if you had a son playing for Union, what in the world could you ever say to encourage and motivate him, knowing his team is most likely going to most if not ever game of his HS career. I say those kids definately EARNED their participation trophies....haha