RIVERDALE OAKLAND BATTLE OF THE BORO 2.O

warrior82dad

No doubt, but I think you undermine a program when you publicly murder a coach like some of you guys. Yes Riverdale hasn't been good but Oakland, Blackman, and Siegel have all had teams that were a heckuva lot worse than what Riverdale had this year.

I'll be interested to see the speculation if Aydellot does indeed resign. I got my own names in mind of coaches that I think would be a good fit

Shad?

First and foremost be a program builder. Understand that because you don’t have a direct feeder school you still need to find out who the players are at Buchannan and Christiana that will be future players in your program and participate in their development. Reinstate a mandatory weight lifting and conditioning program that will make a difference in player development. Control your program where your freshman and JV squads are running the same system in order for you to reload each year. Be able to work with your coaching staff and be able to communicate effectively for the same cause. Care about each of your players, not just the ones with the county names and the influential parents. Look at each player individually to determine their best ability and position and develop them accordingly. Reach out to players who are sitting out because of the previous staff. Participate on all levels of the program including community development and financial fund raising. This is just a short list of things that should be normal expectations of a coach that wants to develop a program not just sit on your butt in your office and be a driver’s ed teacher.

LOD and W82. What are some specific things you need to see in order for you to be happy with the "NEXT" head coach? Just wondering where the bar is.

First and foremost be a program builder. Understand that because you don’t have a direct feeder school you still need to find out who the players are at Buchannan and Christiana that will be future players in your program and participate in their development. Reinstate a mandatory weight lifting and conditioning program that will make a difference in player development. Control your program where your freshman and JV squads are running the same system in order for you to reload each year. Be able to work with your coaching staff and be able to communicate effectively for the same cause. Care about each of your players, not just the ones with the county names and the influential parents. Look at each player individually to determine their best ability and position and develop them accordingly. Reach out to players who are sitting out because of the previous staff. Participate on all levels of the program including community development and financial fund raising. This is just a short list of things that should be normal expectations of a coach that wants to develop a program not just sit on your butt in your office and be a driver’s ed teacher.

No way. Left Middle Tennessee with a bad taste in his mouth. Also, roster isn't stacked for the foreseeable future so he will not be interested. He has a track record of moving with talent (minus his last move).

I initially agreed a few posts before. However after some thought and talking to a few folks I do think his name comes up. But I don't think he will be considered. May have burned some bridges.

Edited by milo118

I'd expect that Aydelott will be gone but he'll inflict as much damage to the program as possible before leaving.  

There was a time I thought Aydelott was a decent, honorable man that was just in waaaaay over his head at Riverdale. My opinion has done a 180 degree change over the last couple years. Seriously, how many kid's futures does one guy get to destroy before someone says enough is enough?

Nolan will probably just kick back in his office 'spacing out' while Aydelott does whatever he's going to do from here. At this point, I really wish they would both leave.

I'd expect that Aydelott will be gone but he'll inflict as much damage to the program as possible before leaving.  

There was a time I thought Aydelott was a decent, honorable man that was just in waaaaay over his head at Riverdale. My opinion has done a 180 degree change over the last couple years. Seriously, how many kid's futures does one guy get to destroy before someone says enough is enough?

Nolan will probably just kick back in his office 'spacing out' while Aydelott does whatever he's going to do from here. At this point, I really wish they would both leave.

Don't be shocked if there is an announcement this week. The rumor has it his resignation is already written. For the sake of the boys and the program lets hope so..