Tyner @ Marion Co.

PurplePower68

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they had sprawls last time, don't know if they had anyone else missing but we were missing logan so it's a wash, not sure if 73 for us was out or not. He had been sick leading up to it. We didn't move it extremely well on Tyner but they had some miscues that we capitalized on. We better figure out how to block number one and keep him out of our backfield. The biggest thing I'm worried about is our ability to adjust on offense. We have a kid that threw for 2k yards last year, the middle of the field has been open all year and we have thrown just a couple of passes over the middle. We haven't really needed to throw that much but against Boyd we did and we didn't take advantage of nine in the box. Eventually we will have to throw it a little and I just wished we had been working on it early in games.

I know they had sprawls last time, don't know if they had anyone else missing but we were missing logan so it's a wash, not sure if 73 for us was out or not. He had been sick leading up to it. We didn't move it extremely well on Tyner but they had some miscues that we capitalized on. We better figure out how to block number one and keep him out of our backfield. The biggest thing I'm worried about is our ability to adjust on offense. We have a kid that threw for 2k yards last year, the middle of the field has been open all year and we have thrown just a couple of passes over the middle. We haven't really needed to throw that much but against Boyd we did and we didn't take advantage of nine in the box. Eventually we will have to throw it a little and I just wished we had been working on it early in games.

I felt the same way about our team's passing game. We needed it Friday night and we just didn't have enough confidence in it and it cost us. I don't care who wins but whoever does needs to bring home the gold. Injury free! Represent Region 3!!

MC fans, who do you guys lose this year?

Are both QBs seniors?

yes both Qb's are seniors but have a junior that has been taking second string snaps at practice all year and has gotten a lot of reps in the games this year that the coaches are excited about. He will be a dual threat type player. The also have a freshman that is moving to QB as well that looks like he could be good too. 

Starter wise , we will lose one offensive lineman, middle linebacker, QB, one WR, kicker, and starting fullback/DB (Henderson). So we lose 4 on offense, 2 on defense.