Columbia Academy @ South Pittsburg for 3rd Round

rlh

Congratulations to this young Pirate team. They gave it all they had, and have nothing to hang their heads about. After the game they showed us all how to take a loss. All great kids, and they'll be back. Feel bad for seniors, esp. No 7. Fine young man to meet. Met a lot of great Pirate fans tonight too.

For CA this is a hump we finally made it over. So much blood, sweat and tears, but very little time to revel in the win. We are on a mission and still have work to do. True to our theme this year, RISE Bulldogs!

Congrats to you and your Bulldogs on a big win for your program from a Southern Maury County fan. Y'all don't be too hard on Ole Marion with the CDH for picking against ya. :thumb:

Edited by Big Bigby

Congrats to you and your Bulldogs on a big win for your program from a Southern Maury County fan. Y'all don't be too hard on Ole Marion with the CDH for picking against ya. :thumb:

I too jumped the gun and picked against ca, the farther we got into the week the more I thought about changing my pick but didn't. No disrespect to ca intended, just got blinded by sp's sudden burst, they dominated the first two rounds. Hats off to Columbia, yall can make it to Cookeville but don't let your guard down this week!

I too jumped the gun and picked against ca, the farther we got into the week the more I thought about changing my pick but didn't. No disrespect to ca intended, just got blinded by sp's sudden burst, they dominated the first two rounds. Hats off to Columbia, yall can make it to Cookeville but don't let your guard down this week!

CA can do this...

If it works out they wind up playing NCS, I am quite sure they will beat NCS after seeing NCS tonight... Saying this over here so maybe it can slip by a little un-noticed rather in yall's thread. My meaning in #5 being "off" as I read you rebutted a little in another response, was in the over thrown passes, missed reads throwing into double and once triple coverages, missing the read of wide open in the end zone #8 on one roll out, and a few times cutting the wrong way (in into defenders instead of out and away) on his runs, and lastly throwing instead of taking the field in front of him and running it; just things,I haven't seen him do in the times I've got to see him play ... I hated that that powerful WC offense just didn't get going tonight. Like I said, NCS brought the pressure, credit for where it's due, but WC offense was better than tonight....

CA's offense will be to hard for NCS to stop as has been to all other contenders so far. CA's defense has really impressed me tonight stopping the speed of SP... Impressive. Very impressive.

Seen you tonight right in front of me working on the helmet on the sideline.(If that was you with the #70 hoodie)... I got myself crammed up in the middle top row bleacher and didn't want to make everyone move out of my way to get down and Outta there till the last couple of minutes of the game.

Edited by Big Bigby

CA can do this...

If it works out they wind up playing NCS, I am quite sure they will beat NCS after seeing NCS tonight... Saying this over here so maybe it can slip by a little un-noticed rather in yall's thread. My meaning in #5 being "off" as I read you rebutted a little in another response, was in the over thrown passes, missed reads throwing into double and once triple coverages, missing the read of wide open in the end zone #8 on one roll out, and a few times cutting the wrong way (in into defenders instead of out and away) on his runs, and lastly throwing instead of taking the field in front of him and running it; just things,I haven't seen him do in the times I've got to see him play ... I hated that that powerful WC offense just didn't get going tonight. Like I said, NCS brought the pressure, credit for where it's due, but WC offense was better than tonight....

CA's offense will be to hard for NCS to stop as has been to all other contenders so far. CA's defense has really impressed me tonight stopping the speed of SP... Impressive. Very impressive.

Seen you tonight right in front of me working on the helmet on the sideline.(If that was you with the #70 hoodie)... I got myself crammed up in the middle top row bleacher and didn't want to make everyone move out of my way to get down and Outta there till the last couple of minutes of the game.

That was me, mine broke his face mask and we couldn't get the fasteners loose lol. I thought that you was one in the upper right corner but wasn't sure, hope you enjoyed the game! We left with no regrets, boys done all they could do, did have a few mishaps but NCS did to and I don't think it would have changed the outcome. In my honest opinion we played a 28-21 ballgame. The score in the end didn't reflect how close this one actually was. You and I both called it, the 14 point lead WC gave up early was the difference in the game

That was me, mine broke his face mask and we couldn't get the fasteners loose lol. I thought that you was one in the upper right corner but wasn't sure, hope you enjoyed the game! We left with no regrets, boys done all they could do, did have a few mishaps but NCS did to and I don't think it would have changed the outcome. In my honest opinion we played a 28-21 ballgame. The score in the end didn't reflect how close this one actually was. You and I both called it, the 14 point lead WC gave up early was the difference in the game

I was up in the middle of the bleacher, top row, about on the 50 with the black hoodie and black MP hat on. Me and my boy with people all around us... Had an awesome time cheering on the Wildcats. Glad we made the trip. Like you, I am still proud for the Wildcats. They Sure Had those NCS fans worried. You're right, it was a better game than the score reflects.

Edited by Big Bigby

I was up in the middle of the bleacher, top row, about on the 50 with the black hoodie and black MP hat on. Me and my boy with people all around us... Had an awesome time cheering on the Wildcats. Glad we made the trip. Like you, I am still proud for the Wildcats. They Sure Had those NCS fans worried. You're right, it was a better game than the score reflects.

Mine made mention on the way home that he guesses he will start back to work tomorrow getting ready for this bunch next year!

Hgh?

😂😂😳 I was thinking same thing. 20 lbs of muscle in a year is 9/10 times roids. That's a VERY hard thing to accomplish for a typical 15-17 yr old. Maybe some 9th graders that just mature and grow gets you 20 but it won't be straight muscle unless your at a D-1 college taking supplements daily. 10 is a more acceptable goal 💪💪 but still will have to put in the work. Pirates will be very very tough next year. Great season with such a young team.

Let me ask this question in all seriousness. Wasnt sp up 21-14? What happened after that, did sp fumble or did ca just clamp down on defense?

CA stopped the Pirates once in first half. Both had 4 posessions. Hence the 28-21 score. Had CA to 3rd and long twice and both times went to #1 through the air to pick it up. Best looking kid at WR I've seen all year including 2A. I am not sure if the QB missed one. I don't think they can beat the team that comes out of West but Offensively they are tough.

Edited by TonyHorton91281

Let me ask this question in all seriousness. Wasnt sp up 21-14? What happened after that, did sp fumble or did ca just clamp down on defense?

In the beginning it was very back and forth, Sp scored and Ca scored over and over. Then Towards the end of the half, CA got their heads screwed on right and we're finally able to stop SP's drive. I think that is when the game turned around for CA. They then put up another touchdown at half making it 28-21. I think when CA came back in the next half they new what they had to do. They scored 4 or 5 times and SP scored once more making it 56-28 at the end

Edited by TNFootballFan123

They stopped us once and on a methodical drive scored before half to go up 28-21. They received the second half kickoff and scored again going up by 2 scores. I'm proud of our guys though they never quit. They will be fun to watch in the years to come.