3rd Round- Nashville Christian(11-1) host Wayne County(12-0)

wildcatalumni

OK, for a recap, here is the short story. Guys from WC or maybe some other poster from west TN talked about the country boys gonna slap or hit or punch or in some way move in an aggressive manner to the mouth of NCS. NCSdad23 used John Wayne as a metaphor if you will for the whole tough, contry boy macho persona that some WC folks were clinging to. After seeing this a few times, I let everyone know that WC was named after John Wayne. It's either funny to you or it aint. It is funny to two or three of us, so we went with it. I can tell you this, it's better to be picked at a little and be called John Wayne County High School than to have to go through the rest of this package of John Wayne toilet paper that my wife got from the Dollar store!

Its all good ...just stirring. .....I needed that short story to read...its been a little boring today

I'll be on here but just trolling and the occasional stir up. But I'll be back the following year with my 9th grader. In the meantime, I get my play money back for a year. I want it all in singles so I can go back to my favorite bar. I'm sure Destiny, Diamond and Delicious miss their "Big Daddy".

jusssssssst kiddddding!!!

Of course I'm Broke Daddy right now, but come June the faucet is back ON!! Imagine a sprinkler...only with money instead of water.

For my first meaningful post of the day, I am going to start with something different. With the knowledge that this will be the last game for some seniors, I will start a thread within a thread saluting each of our seniors. You WC folks, please join in. We will salute your seniors along with ours.

My first salute goes out to one of the anchors of both our offense and defense. Unfortunately, number 24, Gregory Williams was injured in a pre-season scrimmage against Pearl Cohn. Gregory defines physical/mental toughness and played bigger than he is. He was a clog in the middle of the field at linebacker, and even if he didnt make the play, he affected it. Gregory was also a bowling ball at fullback. Many of our long runs in the last couple of years can be attributed to 24 running like a ram out of the back field and creating holes for our backs to hit paydirt. His injury was especially tough after losing Mickey Martin, but he has never wavered in his support, and enthusiasm for this team. He has been a mentor to my son and many other underclassmen, and truly represents what it means to be an EAGLE!     

Here here!! Gregory also leads in the classroom and was one of the strongest in the weightroom. One of the captains of the team, he has continued in the role of leader exemplifying what a captain should be and makes his presence felt in other ways as an additional coach on the sidelines and in practice.