3A Quarterfinals: CAK at Alcoa (The Annual Rematch)

AlcoaBasketball

25% is particularly noteworthy when 50% approximately of your population is female. So that means that roughly half the males play football.

Wow!...and just wow...because people have often times said we have an unfair advantage as a "private"...and after 5 years at this this school...I know it's the same kids coming up from pre-K...it's not a football school....it's a take who you got enrolled school. Kudos to the parents. It's an awesome feat. These kids work hard...the academics alone are brutal.

Wow!...and just wow...because people have often times said we have an unfair advantage as a "private"...and after 5 years at this this school...I know it's the same kids coming up from pre-K...it's not a football school....it's a take who you got enrolled school. Kudos to the parents. It's an awesome feat. These kids work hard...the academics alone are brutal.

Yes they are. I know both my kids had to work very hard academically at CAK, but they thanked me (and went back and thanked their teachers) when they went to college and grad school and were extremely well prepared. It's a family sacrifice about priorities.

And in fairness, we do get some great transfers.....but so do the publics.....

Yes they are. I know both my kids had to work very hard academically at CAK, but they thanked me (and went back and thanked their teachers) when they went to college and grad school and were extremely well prepared. It's a family sacrifice about priorities.

And in fairness, we do get some great transfers.....but so do the publics.....

Man...I will tell you what...this isn't the forum to talk about this perhaps...but truer words have never been spoken. It really irks me when people say CAK has an advantage over publics....knowing what I know about the academic rigors...and that these kids have been there there since 4 or 5 yrs old.

I'm not even going to mention the 2.8 factor or whatever it is...having to play against schools double our size. I'm just proud to be a part of it....and I'm trying to get the homework done each night. I'm not smarter than a fifth grader.....and I hate it.