Single A 2015-2016

gwh

I am an SG fan and they could lose to a couple of teams in their conference and for sure could lose to anyone in the Top 10 on a given night. That being said if they play well they will be tough to beat. I'm sure the same could be said for anyone in the Top 20 or so. In other words SG is not invincible as I'm sure no one else is as well.

Edited by Cruiser27

What facts do you have to back your post up? I'm curious how a team out of east tn thinks they are invincible against the best team in 7A?

First off, Martian Man does not represent SG as I think he supports 3a. Secondly, the arrogance of fans from the middle and west districts of the state is extremely off putting. Year after year, the East sends teams to the state tournament and are consistently overlooked and not given the credit they deserve. SG played a sloppy game against Community last year and won on a last second triple. They then went on to be beaten by Middleton by one after leading much of the game. Even after all of that, the credit they earned was still lacking. There are several high caliber teams in single A in the East as well as AA and AAA. Just take a look at Elizabethton and Morristown West. SG plays with and against some of the best. Morristown West is on their schedule each year and is currently the only team to beat them. SG was the Runner-up to West in the Ladies Classic which was filled with talent from teams such as Bearden, Mt. Juliet, and Greeneville. If that isn't enough to earn at least a little respect than you simply have none to give.

Edited by Rebel82

First off, Martian Man does not represent SG as I think he supports 3a. Secondly, the arrogance of fans from the middle and west districts of the state is extremely off putting. Year after year, the East sends teams to the state tournament and are consistently overlooked and not given the credit they deserve. SG played a sloppy game against Community last year and won on a last second triple. They then went on to be beaten by Middleton by one after leading much of the game. Even after all of that, the credit they earned was still lacking. There are several high caliber teams in single A in the East as well as AA and AAA. Just take a look at Elizabethton and Morristown West. SG plays with and against some of the best. Morristown West is on their schedule each year and is currently the only team to beat them. SG was the Runner-up to West in the Ladies Classic which was filled with talent from teams such as Bearden, Mt. Juliet, and Greeneville. If that isn't enough to earn at least a little respect than you simply have none to give.

Respect is not given its EARNED!  While i'm sure SG has a very good team this year, 7A is on a different level as they are most every year. SG is a solid team and i watched them last year and they are clearly a good team and will be a tough out but we are judged by the gold balls in our trophy cases!  Every once in a while a team from the west will win one here or there but for the most part 7A has either won the state championship or gotten beaten in the championship game.  That right there is how you get respect.  You can type anything you want, put up as many polls as you want, bottom line is its decided in the glass house and more times than not 7A wins.  

Edited by UCSportsFan

Middleton will win the Single A state championship on way to an undefeated season...

I called it last year and will call it again this year...

Easy to go undefeated over there in the weak west.  Last year they were the best team and until they are beaten they are the champs so the rest of us are all just chasing them.  We'll see come tourney time.

SG feels privileged that the TSSAA allows them to play in the same gym with 7A. Even though SG has the most trips to state of any high school in the state with 4 gold balls and 3 silver balls in AA. Haven't had as much success recently but in their last 3 trips they lost to the eventual champ in the semifinals. Once again thanks for allowing us to participate.

Edited by Cruiser27

Easy to go undefeated over there in the weak west. Last year they were the best team and until they are beaten they are the champs so the rest of us are all just chasing them. We'll see come tourney time.

You can what you want about the west but they have back to back championships and 2 teams that look to have a run in them again this year. Both Middleton and Gibson have faced some tough teams and scheduled a little tougher than normal this year are both are still unbeaten.