Marion Co @ Hampton (Ross Man vs That Lunsford Man)

Roy Dillard

I saw it on the Chatt station. He fumbled between the 1 & 2 yd line because you can see it bounce into the endzone. Should have actually been a touchback. Back breaking play for the Dogs no doubt.

I'll watch again...Look, ball in right hand, crossed line with ball, then knocked out from behind to the 1...Looks that way to me...Doesnt really matter tho

On the subject of the onside kick, the officials botched the play totally (BTW, I thought the game was well officiated overall). The ball was touched by a MC player and subsequently recovered by Hampton. MC was awarded the ball for some reason. If the ruling was illegal touching by the kicking team before the ball traveled 10 yards, then why no penalty flag? The official's spot of ball made no sense either. Listening to the radio interview of Hampton's coach after the game the referee would not offer an explanation, but rather just said it was MC ball.

It's "first touching", not "illegal touching". Theres no flag because, as I read it in my ole gift rulebook, First Touching by the kicking team is NOT a foul. No flag for first touching. The receiving team (MC) can simply choose to take the ball at the first touching spot. That's why they moved the ball back, to the spot where the kicking team first touched the ball. What happened (Hampton recovering the ball) after first touching doesn't matter. Basically, the zebras got it right. Now, if they didn't give the coach an explanation, I don't understand that.

Honestly guys, find, borrow, or order you a rule book. It makes stuff like this make sense, and imo fun to know the right rule.

Edited by Pudding

I'll watch again...Look, ball in right hand, crossed line with ball, then knocked out from behind to the 1...Looks that way to me...Doesnt really matter tho

Hope your boy gets good news. Sounds like he tried to play hurt like he did against us last year. He's a warrior, exactly like I described him last year. Great season by the Dogs, don't go out on sour grapes. You guys had a heckuva team. Best we played.

Because first touching (illegal touching is when an ineligible or reciever who went OB and came back in touches a thrown ball) IS NOT a penalty. Its marked with a bag and then the receiving team can take the ball at that spot, or the result of the play.

Sure they missed some stuff here and there, but they were better than the crew at the Sweetwater game, and FAR better than the crew who did the Austin East game. People being.confused or mad at the onsides kick call is understandable. It was a bang bang call with a rule most people don't understand. But people being mad about Hampton not getting the ball after the blocked punt on the 1st drive is just ludicrous.

This. Illegal touching is also when a lineman catches a pass too, I believe.

Yes. Its comical that people thought the blocked punt should belong to the punting team. How long have they been watching football?

Edited by Pudding

Maybe my angle is different. I actually thought you guys would get 9 out of that scenario. Prayers for your son. A lot of fans that talked to him after the game said he was very respectful. Hard to be humble after a loss but that shows character. Use this game to motivate for next year. You have a good program and a good fan base behind you. Use it

Maybe my angle is different. I actually thought you guys would get 9 out of that scenario. Prayers for your son. A lot of fans that talked to him after the game said he was very respectful. Hard to be humble after a loss but that shows character. Use this game to motivate for next year. You have a good program and a good fan base behind you. Use it

This next week is a win win situation for you. You are playing in the state championship, but when it over you then get to start basketball. Your favorite sport. LMBO

If he wasn't a respectful, we'll mannered kid, winning or losing with class, I'd bust his BUTT!

We have another good bunch coming

Thanks again