Marion Co @ Hampton (Ross Man vs That Lunsford Man)

Roy Dillard

I suspected the game would be decided between Hampton's defense and MC's offense. The Hampton qb being hurt made the game more lopsided but it came down to Hampton not being able to stop MC. A healthy qb for Hampton the whole game makes it a two score game. 7 is a great and tough player, 47 was a beast on the other side of the ball

A healthy #7 makes tackles that weren't made tonight...Coach Lunsford said as much in interview...Remove a 3 yr DB from the game, it's a game changer

Regardless of whether I incorrectly called it illegal touching vice first touching, the point I was making is that the zebras didn't get it right. The ball was not touched by Hampton first (so no violation) as I saw no bean bag to mark the spot (plus the referee could not offer the coach an explanation). To boot, the ball was initially spotted at the point of recovery and awarded to MC. No matter, this play did not dictate the outcome so it's a moot point.

They're in the vault. I can't get to it at the present time. I'm sorry. The one quote I remember from you was Hampton might leave the field wide eyed. I saw a few of those tonight.

The 2 early turnovers that was caused by Marion Co killed us,QB going out was just more than we could overcome. We couldn't stop you're offence and the only chance we had was win a shootout. Good teams cause turnovers and thats exactly what happened. You fellers have a fine team with some special players. Hope you win it all next week but I'm afraid you are running into a total monster. 

Regardless of whether I incorrectly called it illegal touching vice first touching, the point I was making is that the zebras didn't get it right. The ball was not touched by Hampton first (so no violation) as I saw no bean bag to mark the spot (plus the referee could not offer the coach an explanation). To boot, the ball was initially spotted at the point of recovery and awarded to MC. No matter, this play did not dictate the outcome so it's a moot point.

It was a blown call but Marion Co was gonna win anyway. Can't have mistakes in the 4th round.Good teams make you pay.

This guy is a "coach" at Hampton. This kind of mess is uncalled for by someone that works with a team on a weekly basis. I would tell any kid to hit the other team's best player "until he can't take it anymore". It's FOOTBALL! Few people respect #7 as much as I do. But your comments are WAY out of line as a coach on this team.

I call him a speed coach...He's a great guy that volunteers his time to work with these boys "on the side"...on their own time.

So you incorrectly referred to him a coach as if he's a team coach...So, I reckon he has a right to repeat anything he says he heard.

Once again, the injury wasn't a cheap shot, it was football

He over ran it and your guy covered it up.

Happened right in front of me. MC kid never had possession, only touched it. Had he possessed the ball then fumbled, it would be been HHS ball. It was the right call. The onside kick is another story. Looked to me like as HHS player was reaching to down the ball,MC player slid under him and touched ball first. If so, shoulda been HHS ball. Bang bang play, I haven't seen replay so I can't say for sure. Better team won tonight, no doubt. Sure wish Jones coulda played all night and wish HHS woulda executed better. Turnovers really hurt them. Good luck next week, y'all gonna need it. T high is a beast