Peabody vs NCS

PeabodyPride

Is Jeff Brothers going to be the new HC at Austin Peay?

Actually through the miracle of genetics a clone consisting of the dna of Paul "Bear" Bryant,  Joe Paterno and Bo Schembechler will be the new head coach of Austin Peay. Instead of chanting their world famous "let's go pee", the new chant will be "roll golden tide".

Well I sure haven't bashed any of NCS's players. I don't know enough about them to even try to talk badly of them. I do know our team, so of course I will talk them up. As far as bashing going, Peabody has continuously got the short end of the stick on that. We've been described as ghetto with a urine mascot. Trenton is not a ghetto town. As far as the mascot, I'm not sure how that came about, but it is what it is.

I never called you ghetto, but that mascot...ummmmm no. I have some theories on how it came about...

I never called you ghetto, but that mascot...ummmmm no. I have some theories on how it came about...

Well I shall say the NCS fans are much more charismatic online than at the games!!!!! But compared to us lunitics everyones kinda IS!!!!!! Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out a tidal well is a overwhellming force hence Bamas Crimson tide the sea of Crimson!!!we are a tidal wave of gold that just runs ya over!!!!!!!!! Its looking wet and we play well in a downpour!!!!!!ROLL TIDE!!!! WE BELIEVE IN THE GOLDEN TRADITION!!!!

Since you have brought up our mascot more than once I'll try and tell you how it came about as best I know. If I'm wrong anywhere any other Peabody fans feel free to correct me. Peabody has a long football history going back to 1921. In the early days the school went through several nickname changes. At one time we were called the "yellow jackets" and the colors were black and gold. In 1937 M. C. Joyner became head coach. Coach Joyner was a big Alabama fan and I think he went to school there. I know his son and grandson who are big Peabody boosters went to school at Bama. Since he was a big Bama fan and gold was one of our colors he changed the nickname to Golden Tide. As I said Peabody has a long football history and was for many years a member if the Big Ten Conference here n west Tennessee. We were always the smallest school in the Big Ten which included such larger schools as Paris Grove which is now Henry Co , Brownsville which is now Haywood County, Covington , and Dyersburg to name a few. This was at a time when there was no classification and in the 60s Jsckson and Brownsville were often ranked number one in the state. While we didn't always win we went toe to toe with these big boys and always gave them a hard game. We may not have the best win lost record around over the years but we do have a proud football history here at Peabody

Edited by PKB74
  • Upvote 1

Since you have brought up our mascot more than once I'll try and tell you how it came about as best I know. If I'm wrong anywhere any other Peabody fans feel free to correct me. Peabody has a long football history going back to 1921. In the early days the school went through several nickname changes. At one time we were called the "yellow jackets" and the colors were black and gold. In 1937 M. C. Joyner became head coach. Coach Joyner was a big Alabama fan and I think he went to school there. I know his son and grandson who are big Peabody boosters went to school at Bama. Since he was a big Bama fan and gold was one of our colors he changed the nickname to Golden Tide. As I said Peabody has a long football history and was for many years a member if the Big Ten Conference here n west Tennessee. We were always the smallest school in the Big Ten which included such larger schools as Paris Grove which is now Henry Co , Brownsville which is now Haywood County, Covington , and Dyersburg to name a few. This was at a time when there was no classification and in the 60s Jsckson and Brownsville were often ranked number one in the state. While we didn't always win we went toe to toe with these big boys and always gave them a hard game. We may not have the best win lost record around over the years but we do have a proud football history here at Peabody

+1 ROLL TIDE

Since you have brought up our mascot more than once I'll try and tell you how it came about as best I know. If I'm wrong anywhere any other Peabody fans feel free to correct me. Peabody has a long football history going back to 1921. In the early days the school went through several nickname changes. At one time we were called the "yellow jackets" and the colors were black and gold. In 1937 M. C. Joyner became head coach. Coach Joyner was a big Alabama fan and I think he went to school there. I know his son and grandson who are big Peabody boosters went to school at Bama. Since he was a big Bama fan and gold was one of our colors he changed the nickname to Golden Tide. As I said Peabody has a long football history and was for many years a member if the Big Ten Conference here n west Tennessee. We were always the smallest school in the Big Ten which included such larger schools as Paris Grove which is now Henry Co , Brownsville which is now Haywood County, Covington , and Dyersburg to name a few. This was at a time when there was no classification and in the 60s Jsckson and Brownsville were often ranked number one in the state. While we didn't always win we went toe to toe with these big boys and always gave them a hard game. We may not have the best win lost record around over the years but we do have a proud football history here at Peabody.

That's very interesting to know.  Peabody isn't my Alma Mater, so I'm not familiar with the history.   I guess you could say I married into the Peabody tradition.  Nonetheless, I sure enjoy it.  In fact football was one of the main reasons we settled in Trenton.  We considered Medina, but it didn't have that same hometown feel that Trenton has.  There's something about the camaraderie at a Trenton home game.  It's not something you feel when you step foot at South Gibson since it's a melting pot of various people with very few saying they grew up in Medina.  I've since come to love the Friday night lights watching Peabody play ball. I've even adjusted to saying Roll Tide though I'm not an Alabama fan! lol 

I am a Peabody Alumni. I played under Haney. my dad and Haney played football together in Milan under John tucker. Coach Haney is now the principal of Peabody. My great uncle which is my grandmothers brother played for Peabody back when they were in the conference. He was actually inducted in to the hall of fame. Anyways point is Peabody does have a long football history.

I am a Peabody Alumni. I played under Haney. my dad and Haney played football together in Milan under John tucker. Coach Haney is now the principal of Peabody. My great uncle which is my grandmothers brother played for Peabody back when they were in the conference. He was actually inducted in to the hall of fame. Anyways point is Peabody does have a long football history.

+1

here  is more  history  big  names  from  trenton 

Wallace Wade
Football player
William Wallace Wade was an American football player and coach of football, basketball and baseball. Wikipedia
Born: June 15, 1892, Trenton, TN
Died: October 7, 1986, Durham, NC
Positions: Guard

here is more history big names from trenton

Wallace Wade

Football player

William Wallace Wade was an American football player and coach of football, basketball and baseball. Wikipedia

Born: June 15, 1892, Trenton, TN

Died: October 7, 1986, Durham, NC

Education: Brown University

Positions: Guard

We need to name the drive that runs from behind the school to in front of the stadium entrance Wallace Wade Drive.