Round 4. Marshall Co.@ Knoxville Catholic

Marshall1969

This is the third post I've mentioned this on, but 12 hours later, and I'm still impressed by the line play for Catholic.

Someone asked what makes the difference between the publics and privates. I've watched Marshall County play two privates that won or should win it all these last two years ago. Both games, MC had just as good of athletes and might actually be deeper in athletes than both teams. Both CPA last year and Catholic this year won the trenches big time. I still think Marshall

County has a great offensive and defensive line. The lines from those two schools were just elite for a high school.

That's just my 2 cents on last night. Marshall County should be primed for a few years of making deep runs, so maybe Catholic will have to come to Middle Tennessee next year.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most all of these opinions on class divisions in football and respect most of your comments. I see no point in calling KC administration last night when we were spit on the principal was nice but you could tell he really didn't want to be bothered so he basically talked to us and did nothing about it. I just think if you are going to host a playoff game of this magnitude you certainly should know fans of both teams do not need to sit together. And you should move bands to each end of bleachers,MCs band was at one end but KC in middle with an amplifier in my ear all night. Even band director had earplugs in I surely would've had earplugs had I known. And your AD asked us out of courtesy not to sit in green back seats and we obliged them. But we had to sit somewhere and the bleachers that were brought in had dirt and mold all over them. If I ever go back to KC I will just take a chair or stand on other side so I won't be ridiculed or looked down upon as my 11 year old said "momma they just don't want us here". From the mouths of babes. But I'm still proud of our team and coaches for bringing us this far.It was a memorable season and we are an exceptional team from a rural small town. GO TIGERS! #wedefinitelyleftamark

Don't support everyone getting a championship. Throw all privates and open zoned into 1 classification then make 3 public school classes. That would be 3 less championships that we have now. Surely you would be ok with that

I just dont see how teams like North Greene, South Greene, West Greene, Chuckey-Doak, etc. who are open zoned and already get thumped by public schools. There are a few good open zoned schools but majority are not good at all. It all goes back to if the schools administration wants to spend money on building a good program.

Edited by Swipes

I just dont see how teams like North Greene, South Greene, West Greene, Chuckey-Doak, etc. who are open zoned and already get thumped by public schools. There are a few good open zoned schools but majority are not good at all. It all goes back to if the schools administration wants to spend money on building a good program.

But the state is bigger then East Tn you have to put that into play

I think he's referring to the power programs that are open zoned playing with privates.

I undertsand that but there are teams all over the state that fall in the same category. The open zoned teams that are usually good year in and year out is Maryville, Alcoa, Greeneville, Milan, and Now Liberty-Tech.

That looks like a East Tn problem cuz back our way in Middle and west it's different. Then what really is a open zone? You got some folks who saying all city schools should be open zone and let the county schools play each other. Its just a mess

That looks like a East Tn problem cuz back our way in Middle and west it's different. Then what really is a open zone? You got some folks who saying all city schools should be open zone and let the county schools play each other. Its just a mess

I agree its a mess. Open zone is a broad term and some open zones are set up like Magnet Schools, that if your school doesnt offer a program you can go to another school.

Can't beat them on the field.............try your best on coacht. Yup.

Just so you know. None of the Marshall County posters are bashing Knoxville Catholics team. Some just have complaints about the fans. I wasn't near all that mess. Didn't have anything out of the ordinary happen to me so I can't comment on all that went on.