South Pittsburg 2016 boys (Griders team next year)

Roy Dillard

History lesson

The term god pronounced "gawd" is a pagan term to represent all forms of supposed deities. So to avoid confusion as to who is being referenced the term gawd is often used in situations like these. Had I been referring to the Holy One of Isreal the term G-d is my usual choice.

I don't speak His name and would never presume to compare an above average football coach to Him. Now I'm sure your coach would make a superb Horus.

(I'm going to stop now before I get another thread terminated )

History lesson

The term god pronounced "gawd" is a pagan term to represent all forms of supposed deities. So to avoid confusion as to who is being referenced the term gawd is often used in situations like these. Had I been referring to the Holy One of Isreal the term G-d is my usual choice.

I don't speak His name and would never presume to compare an above average football coach to Him. Now I'm sure your coach would make a superb Horus.

I'm glad you know your Egyptian mythology, but all I ask was that you rate your own coach. Thanks for the history lesson though. I needed more mindless trivia to clutter my brain. LOL.

History lesson

It wasn't terminated, I just moved it to the General discussion board. People tend to get hot  when they debate religion but most people just go along with what they were taught growing up. My beliefs have changed a ton from what i was taught growing up.  But I'm still EXTREMELY limited as far as understanding the big scheme of things. I doubt I'm by myself.

It wasn't terminated, I just moved it to the General discussion board. People tend to get hot  when they debate religion but most people just go along with what they were taught growing up. My beliefs have changed a ton from what i was taught growing up.  But I'm still EXTREMELY limited as far as understanding the big scheme of things. I doubt I'm by myself.

I'm in that huddle with you, big guy!

It wasn't terminated, I just moved it to the General discussion board. People tend to get hot when they debate religion but most people just go along with what they were taught growing up. My beliefs have changed a ton from what i was taught growing up. But I'm still EXTREMELY limited as far as understanding the big scheme of things. I doubt I'm by myself.

My two step belief system

1) there is a G-d

2) I'm not Him.

I do enjoy discussion of G-d though. I have strong beliefs but am willing to learn and grow from others thoughts and theories. I put my email up in the other thread in case you wish to discuss it in private. No hard feelings if you don't.

I'm in that huddle with you, big guy!

We'll probably still be in that huddle when time expires. Lots of people have  answers for everything or they just say its not for us to understand. I actually try to use reason and common sense but the answers are not in the book. King James version is just exactly that,his version. Lot of books left out and many things altered from the earlier versions. 

My two step belief system

1) there is a G-d

2) I'm not Him.

I do enjoy discussion of G-d though. I have strong beliefs but am willing to learn and grow from others thoughts and theories. I put my email up in the other thread in case you wish to discuss it in private. No hard feelings if you don't.

I'll send you my Email. I'm always up for learning. I agree with you're 2 steps. I've got some strong beliefs but they are far from the Baptist and Christian beliefs I was taught growing up.