South Pittsburg 2016 boys (Griders team next year)

Roy Dillard

He's referring to that consolidation garbage. Let's keep this talk about 2016.

Barney get out of here with your patrolling mess. We tried to talk about the SOS catching a red eye flight to Chattanooga and you got mad about that mess. Maybe pegleg can fly him up there. I garuntee you he would need a change of briefs when he got there. You think im joking but im not.

No doubt SP will contend in 1A, there are maybe 2 good teams in 1A on any given year. I was saying that the days of SP competing consistently with MC (regardless of coach) or any other quality schools of larger classification are most likely over.

LOPAO....The 1 man team that beat Jasper lost before getting to the dance.. OP is sure there are more than 2. BTW, how often does Jasper ever play a larger school? You fellers have ran from bigger schools for years and that ain't likely ever going to change neither! Edited by OLD PIRATE

I'm not sure why you feel so strongly about that. You are saying not just for a 8 year span, but you are talking never. That's foolish. Just foolish. I'd like to hear why you think that. There are some good kids in little league but they aren't across the board.

I'm not saying that there won't be some years where SP has good games against MC, but not consistently and they will never have the upper hand for years at a time las in the past. Demographics are against SP. Even without consolidation the economic engine, power center, and growth areas of the county have shifted. The people moving in will not have allegiance to SP and thy will see SP as the least desirable school and area to live in. In the past SP has had powerful persons in their corner, that is no longer the case. Pun intended.

No doubt SP will contend in 1A, there are maybe 2 good teams in 1A on any given year. I was saying that the days of SP competing consistently with MC (regardless of coach) or any other quality schools of larger classification are most likely over.

Grung, Doglap and Packvuhl will be glad to here that. 

725 in Sequatchie this year, if the Pirates lose again will they pull a "lil' ol' South Pittsburg" like they did vs Signal and suspend the series for a couple of years?

I believe Dunlap will be similar to Rhea Co. in the not too distant future. They will probably become the bullies before it's over.

725 in Sequatchie this year, if the Pirates lose again will they pull a "lil' ol' South Pittsburg" like they did vs Signal and suspend the series for a couple of years?

Not likely.  There was a big difference in the Signal situation anyway.  Furthermore, at least SP did what Dunlap nor Jasper could do, beat Signal up there on the Mtn.  Dunlap may have had 725 this year, but they made the same quick exit from the playoffs.

Edit:  BTW, I don't see Dunlap still scheduling Sissy Mtn either.

Edited by rlh

I believe Dunlap will be similar to Rhea Co. in the not too distant future. They will probably become the bullies before it's over.

Dunlap was AA in the A-A-AA system as far back as 1982.  Whitwell has been on the edge of 1a/2a split for a long time as well and have moved back and forth. Grundy was AAA in the lat 70s.

Edited by rlh

LOPAO....You Dunlap fellers has sucked hine boob forever. Marion county has three schools that have our performed you fellers over the long haul. Gets mighty lonely over in y'all's thread. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate has a few questions. When, who & how often does Dunlap ever play a 4a or 5a school? Now fer the consolidation folkes, how many future professor grads is there coming from those 725? Edited by OLD PIRATE