Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

I  understand what schools like Trez are dealing with, I have been there. I also think that Coach White is doing the Lord's work and is accomplishing amazing stuff considering the obstacles.  I felt real bad for those boys that there were not more supporters there for them and the day after almost no one will care what they did.  But even a man under fire thinks about his daily needs and what's for supper, to say that no one at Trez knows who Alcoa is, is not genuine, that is all I was saying.  I think yall would have beaten Alcoa, Knox Catholic, and CPA this year.

You can imply that willie2888 is lying or being disengenuious if you wish. He told you like it is. When the folk at Trezevant make their decisions about what classificaton they are going to play sports in ... What other schools are in whatever classifications is not even a consideration. It doesn't matter to them. It doesn't enter into anybody's mind when making those decisions.

You have chosen to NOT believe that and you have just called that man a lier. Who are you and anybody else on here for that matter, someone that he would feel the need to lie to?

SMH ... Alcoa, Fulton, Greenville, or any other 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A or any other A power team DOES NOT FACTOR INTO THE DECISION. I know you don't believe that, and that's ok.

Thanks Willie for sharing just the same. Folk will believe what they want to believe, even when they hear the truth.

You can imply that willie2888 is lying or being disengenuious if you wish. He told you like it is. When the folk at Trezevant make their decisions about what classificaton they are going to play sports in ... What other schools are in whatever classifications is not even a consideration. It doesn't matter to them. It doesn't enter into anybody's mind when making those decisions.

You have chosen to NOT believe that and you have just called that man a lier. Who are you and anybody else on here for that matter, someone that he would feel the need to lie to?

SMH ... Alcoa, Fulton, Greenville, or any other 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A or any other A power team DOES NOT FACTOR INTO THE DECISION. I know you don't believe that, and that's ok.

Thanks Willie for sharing just the same. Folk will believe what they want to believe, even when they hear the truth.

I didn't say he was lying, just exagerating.

All joking and trash talk aside.....I've heard they played up for travel and regional concerns. Apparently there's not a lot of 3A in the area so travel and cost would go up in 3A as opposed to 4A. Don't know if that's true but it makes sense to me.

Travel and regional concerns are not why a team from the City of Memphis would play up. Teams in Memphis don't have issues with travel. Too many teams in the local area. If a City of Memphis team travels to play another team that is not in the city ... it is usually another factor as to why they would even have scheduled the game in the firat place. It is usually about money. That's why a 1A Memphis Northside would hit the road to play at say Hardin County. It's a BUY game for Hardin and a payday for Memphis Northside ... even though they know that they aren't going to be competitive. There are other reasons, but it is usually for a payday. The small inner city teams don't have fans to come to the games (Ergo Trezevant @ TRA) and they have to make money to keep the programs running ... so a lot of them schedule games against larger rural/county/suburban/private schools to pay the bills.

Edited by kwc

I didn't say he was lying, just exagerating.

Well ... to say someone isn't being genuine is calling them a liar. That man doesn't know you from Adam and he just explained the process, and it is unfathamable to you that when they make these decisions that Alcoa or any other school isn't even in the thinking. The administrators who make these decisions probably don't know anything about Alcoa's football team, or where they are located, or even what classification they play in. It doesn't cross their minds and it's not how they operate.

Yet, he wasn't being genuine.

Ok. Believe what you want. You asked. He explained. You insinuated that he was exagerating.

It's a wonder why folk come on here and get insulted when you tell them the truth and then someone comes on here and all but calls him a liar.

Edited by kwc

Credit to trezevant on the win. This one looks bad on tssaa's part. Perception is unfair however I realize the situation. But, No team should move two classes by choice or by rule in one calendar year. Rule change to disallow choice on the way I hear. Play where your numbers put you.

If that were to happen, it should be called "The Trezevant Rule".

LOLOLOLOL ... :roflolk:

That is the biggest joke I have ever seen. This team didn't know how to get 11 players on the field. LOL #15 got cramps from running in and off the field. Talent wise they should have won the game 50-14 but they were clearly a poor coached team that just so happen to have the best player on the field. Corrdarian Richardson is a man playing with boys (really infants) and he just runs to daylight. If he was at Knox Catholic or Brentwood Academy oh my lord it would be awful if he could play in a well coached system

Your statement, in and of itself, is an oxymoron. That particular HC has coached Memphis Trezevant to 2-silver balls in 4A, and 1-gold ball in 2A in the past 6 years. Coaches who coach poorly don't achieve that type of success. You may need to re-evaluate your ability to rate what a good coached team actually looks like, because your assesment doesn't line up with the results that coach White has achieved. (I haven't even thrown in the fact that Trezevant is a poor inner-city school with no budget, no support, and a declining student body in an area of town that is rampant with gangs, teen pregnancy, and parent apathy)

First ... you DON'T get to sniff a state championship game on talent alone. You DON'T sniff a championship game on talent alone with marginal coaching. You especially don't sniff the state championship game 3 different times in 6 years if you aren't a good coach and your team isn't well coached. It just doesn't happen.

You can nit-pick all you like but the PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING.

SMH

Edited by kwc

First ... you DON'T get to sniff a state championship game on talent alone. You DON'T sniff a championship game on talent alone with marginal coaching. You can nit-pick all you like but the PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING.

No one can say that Coach White is a poor coach, that would be a joke.  Coaching is creating favorable matchups and utilizing talent effectively.  While I would not do what Coach White did on every occasion (who knows maybe he was right), he did do the right thing in many key situations in the game.

As a motivator and one who understands the adolescent psyche, he is very good.  He called his team over to the sidelines several times when the momentum was swinging and whatever he said to them refocused the team and righted the ship.  I read in the paper where Coach White wanted to punt on that 4th down at the end and CR convinced him to go for it.  After learning some about him, I would not be surprised if Coach White really was going to go for it and feigned punt to get that reaction and buy in.

No one can say that Coach White is a poor coach, that would be a joke.  Coaching is creating favorable matchups and utilizing talent effectively.  While I would not do what Coach White did on every occasion (who knows maybe he was right), he did do the right thing in many key situations in the game.

As a motivator and one who understands the adolescent psyche, he is very good.  He called his team over to the sidelines several times when the momentum was swinging and whatever he said to them refocused the team and righted the ship.  I read in the paper where Coach White wanted to punt on that 4th down at the end and CR convinced him to go for it.  After learning some about him, I would not be surprised if Coach White really was going to go for it and feigned punt to get that reaction and buy in.

One HUGE adjustment the coach made was to change QB's and put #14 at receiver. That was a difference maker.

We lost the game on Saturday so I congratulate the other team. The officials in this game were awful. What about the kid that body slammed our #16 on his head? He should have been ejected. What about when #11 had a cheap shot taken on him and now has a torn up knee. What about when they cheap shotted #21 and he had to be helped off the field? These should have been penalties and ejections. That team held about every play and they didn't call it until the end when it was to late. We will be back. You can take that to the bank.

FEAR THE BOSS!