Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

Richardson was a monster. A back like him doesn't come around very often especially in 2A. Thompson was a man among boys as well. Been many years ago since I saw Leroy play but his career says a lot about him. I hope this kid can go on to the next level as well.

I tried to tell you guys he was a monster. The film really didn't do him justice. Only reason Manassas stayed with them was due to weather conditions. Wet field and wet ball really hurt them and slowed them down. Richardson has another gear. Wished you guys could have seen Goldsmith. He's very similar. He's not quite as big but is still a pretty big back at 210. He hits the hole just like Ruchardson. He's a little more shifty but overall very similar. Both should have great college careers. I was very impressed with MC. Much better team this year than last. Good luck in 2016. My son is a Senior so I probably won't be on the T as much. I think it's safe to say Trez will repeat without much competition.

I tried to tell you guys he was a monster. The film really didn't do him justice. Only reason Manassas stayed with them was due to weather conditions. Wet field and wet ball really hurt them and slowed them down. Richardson has another gear. Wished you guys could have seen Goldsmith. He's very similar. He's not quite as big but is still a pretty big back at 210. He hits the hole just like Ruchardson. He's a little more shifty but overall very similar. Both should have great college careers. I was very impressed with MC. Much better team this year than last. Good luck in 2016. My son is a Senior so I probably won't be on the T as much. I think it's safe to say Trez will repeat without much competition.

From film I could tell he was a good back. But like you said he is a lot different in person. I watched film on Goldsmith as well and you can tell that there isn't much difference. We knew we had to catch some breaks to stay in it and we did. That 3rd down catch after we had pinned them deep was a backbreaker. QB made a heckuva throw and wr made a great catch. If Trez doesn't convert that and we get the ball about midfield with about 4 min to go we probably win. Too much momentum on our side and it just seemed like it was our day. Hats off to the Bears though. As long as Richardson stays healthy they should be the favorite to repeat.

@truthprevails. The comment wasn't for you then sir. There have been racial tones in some of the comments on here. Just because certain slurs are not being used, don't mean the comments are not racist. The criticism that T-high takes is totally different from any other school on this website. And racism will always exist. People are just afraid to admit. Not talking about is not answer. There is no answer. And that my friend is pretty sad. I'll just continue to do my part to raise my children to accept everyone for who they are and understand that not everyone will see life the way you see it.

Truth be told, many people use the race card like a little kid uses a tantrum to get their way when anyone disagrees with them. Truth be told, they are just weak and insecure individuals. Truth be told, those people wil see many veiled racial comments in this post.

Edited by rikberry

You said the admin at Trez didn't even know who Alcoa was. They do and believe me they are a consideration in these matters. If not why change classification at all? I don't think Trez played up for no reason. Travel may have played a role, but so did other variables.

Trezevant is not a school that makes decisions based on sports. Trezevant makes decisions out of necessity.I know alot of schools on here makes choices about their school with sports as the number one factor. I tried to explain in earlier post that Trezevant is a poor inner city school that is loosing students by the day. That is why they are in 2A. They do not have students.Noone care about Alcoa trust me.  You think they would rather play Greeneville and Fulton in 4A instead of playing Alcoa in 3A then you are wrong. Their classification is solely based on enrollment numbers.

IDK if this post will be relevant 2 days after the game but I will share my thoughts anyway. Just a reminder, I don't have a dog..

Random observations:

- The difference, when we talk about talent, is really speed. Marion is a tough team who is also used to being faster than their opponents. Trezevant at first glance does not appear to be a team with world class speed, but when side by side with Marion, was obviously faster.

- It looks like Trezevant had about 75 people there. It was pitiful. Marion had thousands.

- #5 is one of those rare folks that, you know he's coming, and you can't stop him. A really dominant player. His most impressive, long and game-changing runs were on 3rd and 4th downs, which is really remarkable. A Fournette like back.

- Put me in the wildcat camp. When #5 had the ball and could decide where to run, he was unstoppable. Marion was beginning to hold him somewhat when he was a tailback.

- Marion showed unbelievable skill and heart in coming back to take that 35-34 lead. Just a great moment even though they eventually lost. Marion fans going apecrap. A reminder of why we love sports.

- Trezevant not taking a knee when #21 went down. They were almost oblivious. When #11 was down kids were chest thumping and high fiving all around and above him, while he laid in a clump motionless. A VERY ugly couple of moments for Trezevant.

- A state champ with ZERO kicking game.

- Marion is a complete program. The Rockets would love to be on that level.

- Trezevant's two biggest plays were passes. The TD FROM #5 and the 20 yarder that clinched the game in Trezevant territory.

- Ross has forgotten more about football than I will ever know, but I would not have punted the ball back to Trezevant. Very low chance that Marion would get the ball back.

- Congrats to both teams. Extremely HIGH level of football Saturday. Trezevant is State Champ, and Marion had just an incredible season, and really won me over with their excellence from coaches, to players, and fans/boosters.

Edited by Amerigha

Trezevant is not a school that makes decisions based on sports. Trezevant makes decisions out of necessity.I know alot of schools on here makes choices about their school with sports as the number one factor. I tried to explain in earlier post that Trezevant is a poor inner city school that is loosing students by the day. That is why they are in 2A. They do not have students.Noone care about Alcoa trust me.  You think they would rather play Greeneville and Fulton in 4A instead of playing Alcoa in 3A then you are wrong. Their classification is solely based on enrollment numbers.

Willie2888:

I'm glad you posted this eventhough you are probably still going to have some folk think otherwise. They don't understand what Trezevant is dealing with. You do.

Tell coach Teli White and his coaching staff that I think they did a magnificent coaching job and they are developing some wonderful young men who I think will be tremendous citizens in the future. Winning the state championship against the odds that they face speaks volumes. No money. Little to no budget. Little to no support. Limited resources. Limited students. Crime infested neigborhood. Gang infested neighborhood. Not to mention the charter schools popping up everywhere taking enrollment numbers even lower. Despite those hurdles, T-High didi it!

Kudos ... Kudos ... Kudos!!!!!!!

Put that gold ball next to the two silver balls and keep it shiny!

Edited by kwc

Willie2888:

I'm glad you posted this eventhough you are probably still going to have some folk think otherwise. They don't understand what Trezevant is dealing with. You do.

I  understand what schools like Trez are dealing with, I have been there. I also think that Coach White is doing the Lord's work and is accomplishing amazing stuff considering the obstacles.  I felt real bad for those boys that there were not more supporters there for them and the day after almost no one will care what they did.  But even a man under fire thinks about his daily needs and what's for supper, to say that no one at Trez knows who Alcoa is, is not genuine, that is all I was saying.  I think yall would have beaten Alcoa, Knox Catholic, and CPA this year.

Edited by rikberry

- It looks like Trezevant had about 75 people there. It was pitiful. Marion had thousands.

Trezevant doesn't have support. Never have. They are not a rural team that has the town behind it. They are not a suburban school with the community behind it. They are not a private scholl with the support that runs behind it. They aren't a city school with tradition that has community and alum support like Whitehaven or Melrose.

You guys got to see it up close and personal. It is what it is. 75 folks in the stands. That's a good day for them.