1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

It's pathetic that the playoff system is this bad in Tennesssee to have a team that wouldn't have made it out of the second round in the west playing for a state championship. That's why it bothers me.. I'll speak to what I want to speak about. And I will make sure that everyone knows that Wayne County is the second best team in the state and its ashame that they had to face NCS in the quarters.

I have a lot of respect for WC as a program, BUT if you were to have a round robin with Peabody, UC, Dresden, and WC, they would randomly beat each other based on matchups. Even though NCS hammered Peabody I believe UC would give them a better game strictly based on them matching up better. People comparing scores and thinking that means something is a blatant sign of lack of knowledge....

Having said that, I agree about the best teams being in the west, GB would not be favored against at least 5 teams in the west, this is just my take.....

onb....momma and me ere comin' two tha gaim Fridee.....Ere ewe boyz gonna bee backin' inn 4x4's on tha track on tha hoam side att tha Tuck...???......#Trucknation....Go Kees...!!!

Thx STARS,tell momma we are gonna try real hard to make her happy.I don't think they would very happy putting the z71 on the track.LOL!....But we are the home team so maybe,just maybe.

I have a lot of respect for WC as a program, BUT if you were to have a round robin with Peabody, UC, Dresden, and WC, they would randomly beat each other based on matchups. Even though NCS hammered Peabody I believe UC would give them a better game strictly based on them matching up better. People comparing scores and thinking that means something is a blatant sign of lack of knowledge....

Having said that, I agree about the best teams being in the west, GB would not be favored against at least 5 teams in the west, this is just my take.....

Yep and weren't favored last week either,but all that hot air was just that..Hot air.You will never know how we would matchup but right we are #1 just like NCS #2 will be settled Fri.Whether you like it or not we will get one of those pretty footballs that will always be in OUR trophy case.😮

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Sorry Barn. I wasn’t specific enough. It seems I’m always protecting the principal at 825. My interactions with her have been extremely positive, but very limited. With all the other stories being told, I’m confident there are other sides I am not aware of. Regardless, there are lots of decent people earning good checks up there. Maybe too good, which explains why no one is willing to speak up. My beef is with the poor communication among the athletic programs and with the administration. Seven years ago the poor communication led to my son missing graduation due to a sporting event that was planned months before. I chalked it up to the system being totally shocked that the baseball team made it out of their district, and our then AD was a football coach. Maybe they were surprised and did not plan appropriately. That was more palatable than they just didn’t give a crap. Déjà vu, seven years later, same thing. Different administration, but same result.  Maybe in seven more years, it will actually be “about the kids”. They should do better. 
    • That's a fair line. But if it's not over, that's a big problem.
    • RR, you think that changes this year, or at least improves? I know they had a couple of talented young receivers last year that made some plays later in the year. Defensive back was a struggle against any team that was above average at throwing the ball.
    • You would think they got a bunch of interest
    • You would think with football just three months away more would be talking. There's only so much a person can say about someone allowing the field to get painted without asking their boss who would have said ((((((((  ALE NO ))))))))) or all the other BULLS#!T they've done as they lead Maryville High into the new age of WOKE in a conversative town. I'm ready for some football news without hearing something coming out of 825 that Power Munger has done to cap off the week.