2016 Region 4-5A

There's no way we need another high school in Bradley county. Another high school takes talent away from the schools. When WV came about it took big numbers away from Cleveland and Bradley. Charleston was so small that it didn't have an impact. Another high school would be a disaster.

Do you really think WV is taking That many kids from Cleveland? Most I know go there are zoned for there or come from Border counties. I get that it's an academic school first band school second. But what wrong with having a school closer to where they live. The kids off 64 or down spring place have a long hall to get to Bradley. Taking numbers from sports ? Really. Their are zero 6a schools in Hamilton county. Ooltewah will move there next year. Largest school in Hamilton county. I saw where they expect EH to grow rapidly. Don't know where they'd put them unless they take the middle school and make another. My point is Chatt is considered a metro area. With schools like Red Bank. East Ridge. Chatt Central. Tyner Brainetd Howatd. None large now. When it was AAA. AA & A. Some competed in AAA. Not now Baylor added girls Gps came into being etc. Why can't Bradley county do the same ? if you think our county had that much talent in it your mistaken. Cleveland has the talent. Look at Bradley's team the last few years at least 6 kids moved to them from schools outside the county and played. Not counting some kids from Cleveland middle. County won't get smaller. City won't either they are already annexing further up mouse creek and even talked about annexing the west side of lower river road to get industries there to pay more tax dollars. Middle Tn Riverdale Oakland Brentwood Ravenwood Franklin area. All have numbers and money behind their programs. So does Knoxville area schools. Plus Alcoa and Maryville. Only Cleveland has the talent year in year out. The counties schools should go 3 and move down if they want to stay competitive. C'mon WV is moving up because of band and test scores and border kids. You know they can't compete in football in 6a.

Do you really think WV is taking That many kids from Cleveland? Most I know go there are zoned for there or come from Border counties. I get that it's an academic school first band school second. But what wrong with having a school closer to where they live. The kids off 64 or down spring place have a long hall to get to Bradley. Taking numbers from sports ? Really. Their are zero 6a schools in Hamilton county. Ooltewah will move there next year. Largest school in Hamilton county. I saw where they expect EH to grow rapidly. Don't know where they'd put them unless they take the middle school and make another. My point is Chatt is considered a metro area. With schools like Red Bank. East Ridge. Chatt Central. Tyner Brainetd Howatd. None large now. When it was AAA. AA & A. Some competed in AAA. Not now Baylor added girls Gps came into being etc. Why can't Bradley county do the same ? if you think our county had that much talent in it your mistaken. Cleveland has the talent. Look at Bradley's team the last few years at least 6 kids moved to them from schools outside the county and played. Not counting some kids from Cleveland middle. County won't get smaller. City won't either they are already annexing further up mouse creek and even talked about annexing the west side of lower river road to get industries there to pay more tax dollars. Middle Tn Riverdale Oakland Brentwood Ravenwood Franklin area. All have numbers and money behind their programs. So does Knoxville area schools. Plus Alcoa and Maryville. Only Cleveland has the talent year in year out. The counties schools should go 3 and move down if they want to stay competitive. C'mon WV is moving up because of band and test scores and border kids. You know they can't compete in football in 6a.

After the law changes in the last couple of years the City cannot annex by ordnance any longer. They have to have requests of annexation from those who adjoin the city already.

After the law changes in the last couple of years the City cannot annex by ordnance any longer. They have to have requests of annexation from those who adjoin the city already.

Yes that's why I said they talked about it. Oh they wanted it. Personally I'm glad they couldn't would of opened the door for my some land I own to get annexed didn't and don't want it. Not yet anyway. As far as them spending money for a new school they had better fix LF now cause it will cost more later. Money being spent is inevitable. Unless the county starts losing jobs and population.

Yes that's why I said they talked about it. Oh they wanted it. Personally I'm glad they couldn't would of opened the door for my some land I own to get annexed didn't and don't want it. Not yet anyway. As far as them spending money for a new school they had better fix LF now cause it will cost more later. Money being spent is inevitable. Unless the county starts losing jobs and population.

A new LF has already been finalized. I saw the drawing for it, I believe they will Start building in 2018

Edited by fooseball95

A new LF has already been finalized. I saw the drawing for it, I believe they will Start building in 2018

I didn't think it had gotten that far. That's awesome. I'm all for getting all the kids everything they need. Yes I'd vote for the right tax increase if the two governments would get it worked out right. What going on with Blue Spings. New school going up or what?

I didn't think it had gotten that far. That's awesome. I'm all for getting all the kids everything they need. Yes I'd vote for the right tax increase if the two governments would get it worked out right. What going on with Blue Spings. New school going up or what?

No sure about blue springs, most of the kids are going to waterville and blackfox.

Well when it was Charleston there may have been 400 kids that went there and that included the elementary side lol. WV has almost 1600 kids. So they gotta be coming from somewhere

They now get Hopewell kids some from Michigan Avenue area. Of course North Lee. Just look at your numbers though. That would put Bradley at what 2800 kids? Schools not big enough. Classes over crowded equals lower test scores. Side note. Forget sports go private tutoring huge scholarships and funding for higher test scores. Oh and Foose Baylor has at least 3 from Ocoee middle and Cleveland Middle. Lorenzo started for Baylor and The Big Oliver kid from CMS will end up playing on the line. That hurts y'all worse than WV ever will. Unless you really like the Band. Haha

It's a great facility. One of the best designs you'll find. Hope in time they can get their stadium up to par.

From my understanding, funding for bathrooms, concessions, and field house are really close. With any luck, next season we should have those things. Would be really nice to get the track done between now and then too but that's asking a little much unless we can come up with a long lost uncle that left his fortune to us.

From my understanding, funding for bathrooms, concessions, and field house are really close. With any luck, next season we should have those things. Would be really nice to get the track done between now and then too but that's asking a little much unless we can come up with a long lost uncle that left his fortune to us.

McKee field. Has a ring to it. I know not possible.