FORREST ROCKETS 2016

GeneralForrest

Good luck to coach K, there's few better jobs than a winning program, with talent, in Williamson county. Time for Marshall county to get its act together if they want their athletics (and academics for that matter) and start dishing out the money. My personal opinion is that Abernathy (the director of schools) is a complete joke along with the rest of the board members, most of which do not even hold college degrees. It appears that MCHS gets whatever they want, while Forrest, and Cornersville especially, get left with absolutely nothing (Forrest's facilities would be just as bad as cornersvilles without lions club funding). If Marshall county doesn't want to be left in past then changes need to ensue quickly. High school athletics are becoming more and more similar to college everyday (recruiting, top notch facilities, etc. etc.) Get with the program. My son is a decent ball player, but if he had legitimate d1 talent (I'm a realest) then his butt would be sitting at one of the private schools in Williamson or Davidson academy. This is an extremely pessimistic attitude but I feel it's reality. Good luck to coach K and I'm thankful for him and his staff bringing home a district title. Good coaches move to greener pastures, and centennial is a greener pasture.

Carson is the guy for chapel hill, extensive coaching experience including three quarterfinal appearances at eagleville. I'm sure he would love nothing more than lining up against the coach/administration that took his job, and beating them. I don't know the guy personally but I think he would be a great fit.

Carson is the guy for chapel hill, extensive coaching experience including three quarterfinal appearances at eagleville. I'm sure he would love nothing more than lining up against the coach/administration that took his job, and beating them. I don't know the guy personally but I think he would be a great fit.

I'd be surprised. Don't see it. I want a coach that is coming to be a Rocket. One that supports all the sports and the community. One that encourages kids to play all sports. One that can't work with the assistants we have. That's who our next coach will be. We have a great foundation laid, we need a coach that's gonna keep building.

Why the butthurt Amerigha? If you want to get mad, you should probably direct that to the central office. As long as the coaches in Chapel Hill continue to get paid chicken scratch, and are delegated as second class citizens in comparison the head honchos across the river, you will continue to see coaches leave for greener pastures. For longevity, you'll have to hire a homer (Coleman being the exception) or an old guy that's in the final stages of his career in order to accomplish a hire that will stick. As for K going to the banquet, that shows nothing but class and that he cares about those boys. Please check your personal, butt aching feelings at the door.

Didn't CBJ come from MCHS?

Some of you express yourself so articulately it's like reading Aristotle, Descartes, a Psalmist, Confucius, etc. To be honest I have no dog here. My kids went thru this program decades ago. I'm just an old man who enjoyed a few games this year and tried not to piss my pants when my kidneys and bladder were on the fritz. I've been in Carter County since the Marion game and am going to be here for a while taking care of a dying relative. It's sad to see this unfolding long distance, but there should be room for differing opinions without using prison language. I do feel bad for the kids, I do feel that "leaving for $" is a cop out reason, and it's obvious that a coach would have to be interviewing and looking DURING the season. No hard feelings and good luck to the Rockets.

Why the butthurt Amerigha? If you want to get mad, you should probably direct that to the central office. As long as the coaches in Chapel Hill continue to get paid chicken scratch, and are delegated as second class citizens in comparison the head honchos across the river, you will continue to see coaches leave for greener pastures. For longevity, you'll have to hire a homer (Coleman being the exception) or an old guy that's in the final stages of his career in order to accomplish a hire that will stick. As for K going to the banquet, that shows nothing but class and that he cares about those boys. Please check your personal, butt aching feelings at the door.

I don't understand this comment at all. Every single coach in this county gets paid the same supplement, regardless of their school. So Kriesky, Osteen, and Randolph--a 2A coach, a 4A coach, and a 1A coach--all make the exact same money to coach. The assistants get paid the same as well. There is literally no validity to your statement.