13 Knox County Schools getting new football fields thanks to Pilot.

BarneySox2007

Actually I hope it gets condemned!! Can you imagine the Station Camp and Hendersonville big supporters when Gallatin ends up playing on their field because the school board will not up keep their existing structure. Not too mention the Gallatin freshmen team, Rucker and Shafer. Maybe then when they see what a laughing stock it makes them look like and the uproar of the other teams and fans then maybe something will get done. Not too mention the stadium being run down sit right in their back yard!!!!

No, it needs to be fixed before then. Monies will have to come from outside the board and county expenditure. QB Club, businesses and community as awhole will need to make this happen in short timeframe.

No, it needs to be fixed before then. Monies will have to come from outside the board and county expenditure. QB Club, businesses and community as awhole will need to make this happen in short timeframe.

Not the way it works. That is school board property and nobody is going to put money into something that has structural issues. Once those issues are resolved, the cosmetic issues can be met. The Summer Co School Board is responsible for those problems especially when they have already known about them for 5 years. I am not sure you can even get a loan until those problems have been resolved. You do not want to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars then the school system say oh by the way we are closing it down and moving it to the high school. It is their responsibility to deliver a safe environment!!

Packer sports went to pilot with a plan. With his Thursday night games looking grim because schools are losing gate, Packer pitched the idea with hopes it would help continue his production. Easy write off for Pilot, this is more about Packer sports. Read the Knox news article and you will figure the slimness out. I am glad though all the schools are getting taken care off. Hope all the mid field logos aren't so bland as the few I've seen.

Not the way it works. That is school board property and nobody is going to put money into something that has structural issues. Once those issues are resolved, the cosmetic issues can be met. The Summer Co School Board is responsible for those problems especially when they have already known about them for 5 years. I am not sure you can even get a loan until those problems have been resolved. You do not want to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars then the school system say oh by the way we are closing it down and moving it to the high school. It is their responsibility to deliver a safe environment!!

I understand. The school board and county commission have said no. They need to readdress the issue with a few key individuals on the board and commission pushing this. Others including QB Club and local businesses should play a vital role. I was never insisting monies for cosmetic issues. Any money must address structural issues first. No issues were addressed 5 years ago when recommendations were made. I'm sure the structure is in worst shape now. Edited by TheRealTruth

I understand. The school board and county commission have said no. They need to readdress the issue with a few key individuals on the board and commission pushing this. Others including QB Club and local businesses should play a vital role. I was never insisting monies for cosmetic issues. Any money must address structural issues first. No issues were addressed 5 years ago when recommendations were made. I'm sure the structure is in worst shape now.

I am not sure if the County Commission has addressed a petition for extra monies yet. The school board has to ask for it first. You are right, this issue has been known for 5 years and they have not addressed one single issue on the recommendation by the engineering firm. It has to be worse now. If these major issues are fixed I bet private individuals and the QB club will do the rest like Hville and Beech have done. It is way past due!!!

I'd rather fall down with the Wave yard from the weight of a sellout crowd than have a different stadium moved to the high school. You all know as well as me, if a new one were built, it's going to be the same typical rinky dinky steel bars looking stadium that every new school gets. Not interested in one like that. Rather have the stadium we already have fixed. Because we're one of the only schools left with bleachers on both ends that stretch nearly the length of the entire field. Gives it a more intimidating feel.

Also, I would never want them to build a stupid track inside the stadium. Which is what we would have, if it were moved to the high school. Keep the Waveyard, and only improve it. It's a very unique stadium, and one that can hold as many people as any other stadium around.

Packer sports went to pilot with a plan. With his Thursday night games looking grim because schools are losing gate, Packer pitched the idea with hopes it would help continue his production. Easy write off for Pilot, this is more about Packer sports. Read the Knox news article and you will figure the slimness out. I am glad though all the schools are getting taken care off. Hope all the mid field logos aren't so bland as the few I've seen.

You are a complete idiot if you believe what you are typing here. Thursday night football games aren't looking grim. Every coach I talk with is dying to get his teams on tv & I have been to several of them at several different schools & have yet to see a small crowd. 

I understand. The school board and county commission have said no. They need to readdress the issue with a few key individuals on the board and commission pushing this. Others including QB Club and local businesses should play a vital role. I was never insisting monies for cosmetic issues. Any money must address structural issues first. No issues were addressed 5 years ago when recommendations were made. I'm sure the structure is in worst shape now.

Every member of the school board and county commission has been elected in the five years since apparent recommendations were proposed...someone willing to be an advocate for the kids who play there needs to step up.