Whats wrong with Ooltewah boyz bb

CaptObvious

When I was a freshman, "hazing" consisted of carrying the upper classman's stuff and equipment, having to sit in the uncomfortable seat over the back wheel on the bus, receiving a socially awkward nickname, and being required to participate in the male beauty pageant (drag show) on homecoming week.

This is just beyond sick.

That was my initial reaction as well.

What kind of a twisted "hazing" ritual is this? Further, in what universe did these kids live in which they remotely thought this kind of despicable behavior was tolerable or would go unpunished? This is probably the most disgusting story regarding high school athletics that I've ever read.

Hoping for a full recovery both physically and psychologically for the victim.  

Sad and disgusting situation. The coaches need to be gone for sure, athletic director as well most likely. I'm not sure about ending the whole season. If all the other players knew what was going on and did nothing to prevent it then they should scrap the season. If the rest are completely innocent try to find and interim coach to finish out the season.

I'd clean house right now and basketball would be over for many years. This is one of the rare cases where a big lawsuit is definitely in order. Tax payers in this county are going to pay big and they are entitled to see some heads roll. An embarrassment to the entire state. There should be so many new faces in this school after the holidays the rest of the students would think they are in the wrong building first day back.

I'd clean house right now and basketball would be over for many years. This is one of the rare cases where a big lawsuit is definitely in order. Tax payers in this county are going to pay big and they are entitled to see some heads roll. An embarrassment to the entire state. There should be so many new faces in this school after the holidays the rest of the students would think they are in the wrong building first day back.

+1

I'd clean house right now and basketball would be over for many years. This is one of the rare cases where a big lawsuit is definitely in order. Tax payers in this county are going to pay big and they are entitled to see some heads roll. An embarrassment to the entire state. There should be so many new faces in this school after the holidays the rest of the students would think they are in the wrong building first day back.

+2

Sad to say there is no clear cut answer here. Of course those who are at fault should be punished. 4 very young lives one totally innocent forever changed. You think the coach hasn't thought about his part ,no matter how innocent he was just the result. The AD really going to throw him in it also. Yeah people are hurting right now so we should hurt more people or even punish the entire school. I know some kids there. Know their parents. Great people. One even offered to let his wife mentor my daughter in her college selection for med school. My kids don't go there. You have one choice here. Pray. For all . Pray for those making the extremely difficult decisions that they make the right ones for all involved. Pray for that young man that God strengthens him and surrounds him with grace and he can get past this. Pray that nothing like this happens at your children's school. Or your children. Pray for each other for understanding that it could of happened anywhere in today's society. The everything goes no accountability of the social media the entitled to do whatever we want me first way of life the dumbing down of our senses. My apologies to anyone I've offended.

Sad to say there is no clear cut answer here. Of course those who are at fault should be punished. 4 very young lives one totally innocent forever changed. You think the coach hasn't thought about his part ,no matter how innocent he was just the result. The AD really going to throw him in it also. Yeah people are hurting right now so we should hurt more people or even punish the entire school. I know some kids there. Know their parents. Great people. One even offered to let his wife mentor my daughter in her college selection for med school. My kids don't go there. You have one choice here. Pray. For all . Pray for those making the extremely difficult decisions that they make the right ones for all involved. Pray for that young man that God strengthens him and surrounds him with grace and he can get past this. Pray that nothing like this happens at your children's school. Or your children. Pray for each other for understanding that it could of happened anywhere in today's society. The everything goes no accountability of the social media the entitled to do whatever we want me first way of life the dumbing down of our senses. My apologies to anyone I've offended.

??? Really ??? No clear cut answer ???

this isn't that complicated,  there are clear cut answers. 1) coach and AD - GONE. 2) Basketball GONE - 5yrs at least.  3) Forget praying for the guilty, victim is the only one needing prayers.4) Pray the guilty get punished and the rest of society gets protected from them, at least for a while.

My sympathy isn't with the coach it is with the victim. Instead of just praying that " nothing like this ever happens at your children's school " Let's send a clear message. IT BETTER NOT HAPPEN AT YOUR SCHOOL , IF IT DOES HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT... and make it so painful it prompts somebody to pay attention.

I can see you're upset but blaming society for these animals is a bit like the moronic " affluenza " defense used by the piece of garbage who ran over 4 people and his worthless mother who were just picked up in Mexico after trying to avoid any accountability and punishment for the crime.

Edited by maj

Boo hoo. You must be an Owl or an ex Owl..simple fact Is...they are students of the school..they represent the school, teachers, administration, AND community. That is what is going on at ooltewah, as my examples stated. must not be alot of CHARACTER EDUCATION curriculum at the school. Like i said i wouldnt want my child there..As for the ones involved, I deeply hope the young man recovers fully..and for the THUGS that committed this they SHOULD be tried as ADULTS. Not a big difference in mentality from 17 to 18...they know right from wrong

Boo hoo. You must be an Owl or an ex Owl..simple fact Is...they are students of the school..they represent the school, teachers, administration, AND community. That is what is going on at ooltewah, as my examples stated. must not be alot of CHARACTER EDUCATION curriculum at the school. Like i said i wouldnt want my child there..As for the ones involved, I deeply hope the young man recovers fully..and for the THUGS that committed this they SHOULD be tried as ADULTS. Not a big difference in mentality from 17 to 18...they know right from wrong

As with maj I agree here also.The admin HAS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!They put these teenage kids in a room with underclassmen ALONE.The AD knew where they were going and SHOULD have known how the kids would be roomed.The juveniles punished as severe as you can get and clean house.As maj said earlier this makes the whole state look terrible.National news a kid could have died!!!They said he was afraid he was going to die,the more I read and the more I see how people just want to make it go away sickens me.You have to make an example NOW!This boys dad should make the movie Rambo look like a love story!Heads have to roll!! Edited by orngnblk

Where is TSSAA in this?

They are quick with handing out post season bans and fines when teams have a fight, but let multiple felonies occur and it is silence.

TSSAA should already have stepped in and issued the most severe penalties they have ever handed down.... Period.

Should not be left up to the same individuals who were in charge and did not provide the oversight to ensure this situation didn't happen in the first place to decide what their own punishments should be. Just my opinion.

Where is TSSAA in this?

They are quick with handing out post season bans and fines when teams have a fight, but let multiple felonies occur and it is silence.

TSSAA should already have stepped in and issued the most severe penalties they have ever handed down.... Period.

Should not be left up to the same individuals who were in charge and did not provide the oversight to ensure this situation didn't happen in the first place to decide what their own punishments should be. Just my opinion.

This is a Hamilton County Schools/Sevier County PD deal.

It didn't happen during a TSSAA sanctioned event and no TSSAA bylaws were broken, so I am not really sure if there is legally anything the TSSAA CAN do to be honest.