Whats wrong with Ooltewah boyz bb

CaptObvious

All the facts should be collected in a timely manner, and the guilty parties punished. The Governor, The Mayor, the dogcatcher or TSSAA have no reason to be involved until the law has consulted all involved and collected all the facts. School officials (everyone in a position of authority) had better be in the fore front of the fact collecting cause if it was my child, the school is where I would start placing blame. And me and my lawyer would sure want some answers and NOW!!

That being said everyone should be more concerned about the victim or victims at this time. That's the most important thing right now! 

The mom needs to hire a lawyer immediately, and not meet with anyone from the school system or hospital #1 until then. Hospital #1 examined him and released him (according to one of the articles). The same article said he collapsed the next day and was then taken to UT. One of the hospitals called law enforcement, once again - according to one of the articles.

123115z00ooltewah0185302137574_t1070_hab

The mom needs to hire a lawyer immediately, and not meet with anyone from the school system or hospital #1 until then. Hospital #1 examined him and released him (according to one of the articles). The same article said he collapsed the next day and was then taken to UT. One of the hospitals called law enforcement, once again - according to one of the articles.

123115z00ooltewah0185302137574_t1070_hab

Very good point.

Sad situation to say the least. A little hazing or bullying is to be expected. I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying "hey, it happens". But this is criminal, absolutely absurd. As a father of four teenagers, I hope I am never confronted with this type of behavior. Prayers going out to the kids and their families! Something's gotta give folks...

One thing I don't understand is everyone is up in arms over what happened BEFORE the crime.

Let's prosecute whoever is responsible to the fullest extent of the law. I'm all for that. Let go of the Coach and/or AD for how the situation was handled after the fact, I can see that too. But comments along the lines of "they should have never been in a room with upper classmen" and "why weren't there adults in the room with them" and "the AD should have known how the kids would be roomed" are just leaving me baffled.

When we went on trips like this, we picked our roommates. Upper classmen, under classmen, it didn't matter. We were all friends and on a team together. Age didn't matter. And we never used a pool cue on anyone for any reason.

And out coaches did room checks periodically, but at no time was there ever an adult in every room supervising all the time. And nothing ever happend aside from one 30 second scuffle and sometimes being too loud after lights out.

And I can 100% garantee you our AD never once knew who was roomed with who. Ever. And we all came back home just fine.

I guess what I am saying is if you want to can the coach and/or AD for how they handled everything after the fact, go at it. But when it boils down to it, what happened happened simply because a few cruel young men decided to do this awful crime to that poor kid. Nothing more, nothing less. If the administration would have had an idea this would have happened BEFOREHAND, it would have been nipped in the bud, that I am sure of. Just the sad thing of this world is that random acts of cruelness can and will happen for no good reason at all.

Agree with most all of this but...this ain't 1975 or 1985. Sometimes I wish it was.

Sad situation to say the least. A little hazing or bullying is to be expected. I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying "hey, it happens". But this is criminal, absolutely absurd. As a father of four teenagers, I hope I am never confronted with this type of behavior. Prayers going out to the kids and their families! Something's gotta give folks...

I won't turn this into a religious thread because it's not my thread...But When God, Laws, and Right are all ridiculed and stomped upon, and law enforcement is handcuffed, well, there's not but one direction to head in

Agree with most all of this but...this ain't 1975 or 1985. Sometimes I wish it was.

In 1985 you sure didn't see the things in school you see today! One of my boys kissed his lil girlfriend on the head at the end of school and was called to the office for misconduct.

Now Jane and Jill or Bill and Bob can make out in the hallways and NOTHING is said or done by administration fear of losing their jobs.

It is a messed up world

• Upvote 1

One thing I don't understand is everyone is up in arms over what happened BEFORE the crime.

Let's prosecute whoever is responsible to the fullest extent of the law. I'm all for that. Let go of the Coach and/or AD for how the situation was handled after the fact, I can see that too. But comments along the lines of "they should have never been in a room with upper classmen" and "why weren't there adults in the room with them" and "the AD should have known how the kids would be roomed" are just leaving me baffled.

When we went on trips like this, we picked our roommates. Upper classmen, under classmen, it didn't matter. We were all friends and on a team together. Age didn't matter. And we never used a pool cue on anyone for any reason.

And out coaches did room checks periodically, but at no time was there ever an adult in every room supervising all the time. And nothing ever happend aside from one 30 second scuffle and sometimes being too loud after lights out.

And I can 100% garantee you our AD never once knew who was roomed with who. Ever. And we all came back home just fine.

I guess what I am saying is if you want to can the coach and/or AD for how they handled everything after the fact, go at it. But when it boils down to it, what happened happened simply because a few cruel young men decided to do this awful crime to that poor kid. Nothing more, nothing less. If the administration would have had an idea this would have happened BEFOREHAND, it would have been nipped in the bud, that I am sure of. Just the sad thing of this world is that random acts of cruelness can and will happen for no good reason at all.

you summed it up. When I played no worries. My kids have travel and it never crossed my mine something like this could happen. No coach would expect this or be trained what to do.

After the fact the ooltewah adm. and school board need to do the right thing. The wheels may not turn as fast as everyone would like too see. Prayer to all involved!!

Edited by OHS80