Dobyns-Bennett Basketball.

tennesseestud2013

It's been a tough season and a long one for the student athletes that put in practice time every day. To have 2 Seniors QUIT their teammates is crap.... That leaves 2 Freshmen as the starting gaurds... and those 2 are giving it all they have and their playing good.

The simple and plain truth of the matter is... this is a very weak Senior Class and a not much better Junior Class... The good news is, the Soph. & Freshman Class are strong and deep.

DB Girls BBall ran thru the District 1st half of the season undefeated (6-0) and they are led by a Freshman... who may be the best girls player DB has ever had. Courtney Whitsen must average a double/double... at least 20 pts a game and 15 boards

Roll Tribe Roll

It's been a tough season and a long one for the student athletes that put in practice time every day. To have 2 Seniors QUIT their teammates is crap.... That leaves 2 Freshmen as the starting gaurds... and those 2 are giving it all they have and their playing good.

The simple and plain truth of the matter is... this is a very weak Senior Class and a not much better Junior Class... The good news is, the Soph. & Freshman Class are strong and deep.

DB Girls BBall ran thru the District 1st half of the season undefeated (6-0) and they are led by a Freshman... who may be the best girls player DB has ever had. Courtney Whitsen must average a double/double... at least 20 pts a game and 15 boards

Roll Tribe Roll

So it's all the players fault. I was waiting on this to come in.

Roll Tribe Roll

I would argue that the senior class isn't that weak. Those playears that would be seniors are either playing elsewhere, or they have outright quit the program. Either transferring or quitting is an indictment of the status of the program and coach.

I can remember a time when players transferred to DB for the sole purpose of playing basketball. Those days seem to be long gone.

I would argue that the senior class isn't that weak. Those playears that would be seniors are either playing elsewhere, or they have outright quit the program. Either transferring or quitting is an indictment of the status of the program and coach.

I can remember a time when players transferred to DB for the sole purpose of playing basketball. Those days seem to be long gone.

At the beginning of the season DB was picked to battle Science Hill for second in the conference behind Davey Crockett. So the senior class wasn't so weak then. Now with only two wins on the season some will come out and blame the players. The weak senior class. DB was a better team before the two seniors quit. That's evident. People that have skin in the game (yes men) will try to deflect what the real problem is. These people just want a seat at the kiddies table so they will always support the current coaches, be they football or basketball. You bring in new coaches and they have to start the kissing up game all over again. I have never thought Morgan was more than a slightly less than average coach. And I lost all respect for him a few years ago when he forced a starter to quit because the boy wanted to make a visit to Georgia Tech on a football offer. That's a college education we're talking about. This guy needs to go. There will be more defections next year. He'll be lucky to field a team.

The 2 players that left for Christ School would have been Seniors last year. Their in Prep School and get an extra yr an that helped Faulkerson get a full ride to UT

This Senior class is not strong in any way. The leader was injured in football and then sick and could not participate in BBall until week 3. He has not been the same since. Too bad he has had a rough senior yr. the others...Thompson couldn't get 3 min a game last year as. Junior. And the Rogers boys quit before and they quit again. That's it.

Edited by UpperDecker

The 2 players that left for Christ School would have been Seniors last year. Their in Prep School and get an extra yr an that helped Faulkerson get a full ride to UT

This Senior class is not strong in any way. The leader was injured in football and then sick and could not participate in BBall until week 3. He has not been the same since. Too bad he has had a rough senior yr. the others...Thompson couldn't get 3 min a game last year as. Junior. And the Rogers boys quit before and they quit again. That's it.

Don't worry, your seat at the kiddie table is secure. There will be two more players from this team that will transfer next year. Will be interesting to hear the excuse you give when that happens. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo