CRB leaving CAK

QSouth89

Not that I'm aware of, but CAK athletics has been busy recently with basketball tournament and track, baseball/softball and soccer getting geared up, not to mention a new lacrosse team the AD started.

A few days ago AM Young posted on here implying that he knew who the likely new coach would be but he didn't name names, apparently content to just leave us guessing lol.

The official pronouncement is they expect to have a new coach in place before spring break, which is mid-March. My guess is the AD hopes to conclude something sooner than that and gave himself some wiggle room in that timetable. So, I am kind of expecting an announcement by this weekend or the first part of next week. I still think it's about a 50/50 proposition as to whether we hear that it's a local coach getting the job or somebody from ATL area.

Any news out of CAK???

A coordinator for one of the large Nashville-area privates interviewed within the last day or two, so he's apparently one of the finalists. I'm not sure who the other finalists are but if the AD sticks to the timetable he announced previously a new coach should be named by next week.

I was told it is down to 5. Two interviewed yesterday and three will interview today. 

The two yesterday was an asst. coach at Ensworth and an OC from a school in Canton, GA. 

I do not know who the 3 interviewing today are though, but I do not think it is anyone local.

I'm not sure who the other finalists are but if the AD sticks to the timetable he announced previously a new coach should be named by next week.

My consistently good source on this one told me over the weekend that this timetable might not hold.  Could be after spring break before a coach is named. 

And I am not saying that some of the names, or rather non-names, posted here aren't accurate, only that there may be a delay in things being official.  

But as they say, time will tell.  

Hmm...very interesting. I certainly think decisions like this shouldn't be rushed, but it would be great to get a coach in place before spring break. Finalizing things after break will put the new coach in a bit of a time crunch to review film, etc., and prepare for a productive spring practice. Though I suppose some of the candidates might have already been reviewing film so they'll know what they're possibly getting into.

My consistently good source on this one told me over the weekend that this timetable might not hold.  Could be after spring break before a coach is named. 

And I am not saying that some of the names, or rather non-names, posted here aren't accurate, only that there may be a delay in things being official.  

But as they say, time will tell.