Riverdales Aydelott Resigns. New Era For Riverdale!

warrior82dad

Think it will be Coach K from what I was told.

I heard this week they are putting together a list of possible candidates to invite to interview and that they are looking outside the area to bring in someone with head coaching experience and a proven winner. Lets face it, even with the bad past few years and the situation Riverdale is a very attractive position to coaches all over the country. The opportunity to come in and turn a program around is inviting to many coaches and something they can hang on their resumes.

I heard this week they are putting together a list of possible candidates to invite to interview and that they are looking outside the area to bring in someone with head coaching experience and a proven winner. Lets face it, even with the bad past few years and the situation Riverdale is a very attractive position to coaches all over the country. The opportunity to come in and turn a program around is inviting to many coaches and something they can hang on their resumes.

I'm not sure I would say Riverdale is a program that needs turning around. Coach A had around 80 wins and 30 losses. Maybe you should just say to steer Riverdale in a new direction.

Turning around or new direction, I want to see a new guy that can produce the following:

1.  Get the kids back out and participating in football.

2.  Develop players.  It should be rare when the team relies on incoming freshmen and transfers to be competitive. It should always be next man up.  Love transfers, they make your team better, but they should not be the only reason your team is competitive.

3.  Get the facilities back up to a level that makes everyone proud.

4.  Let freshmen be freshmen and sophomores be sophomores.  Some will be good enough but it shouldn't be the result all the upper classmen leaving the program.

5.  Hire the best available assistants. Embrace talented coaches don't be afraid of them.

6.  Value strength and conditioning.

7.  See #6

8.  Promote the program. Promote the program and be creative.

9.  Schedule to develop your team.

10.  Embrace the Riverdale tradition.

I'm sure there are more and those aren't in any particular order.

I'm not sure I would say Riverdale is a program that needs turning around. Coach A had around 80 wins and 30 losses. Maybe you should just say to steer Riverdale in a new direction.

Anybody who is familiar with the situation at Riverdale knows the problems here lie a lot deeper than wins and losses. Its about the rebuilding of the program completely which has been torn down. The direction, the care of the kids, the development of players, the conditioning programs, the community support and fund raising and the return of Warrior pride which has been torn down over the past few years..

Turning around or new direction, I want to see a new guy that can produce the following:

1.  Get the kids back out and participating in football.

2.  Develop players.  It should be rare when the team relies on incoming freshmen and transfers to be competitive. It should always be next man up.  Love transfers, they make your team better, but they should not be the only reason your team is competitive.

3.  Get the facilities back up to a level that makes everyone proud.

4.  Let freshmen be freshmen and sophomores be sophomores.  Some will be good enough but it shouldn't be the result all the upper classmen leaving the program.

5.  Hire the best available assistants. Embrace talented coaches don't be afraid of them.

6.  Value strength and conditioning.

7.  See #6

8.  Promote the program. Promote the program and be creative.

9.  Schedule to develop your team.

10.  Embrace the Riverdale tradition.

I'm sure there are more and those aren't in any particular order.

Amen, Amen, Amen and AMEN!!!