Mt Juliet 2016

BKisler

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

According to the Examiner; it looks like Region 3 will be very tough with Ravenwood and Franklin listed in the top 10 of 6A and McGavock, Mt Juliet, Overton and Wilson Central as teams to watch.

Who does Central have coming back ?

WC has got their RB and QB coming back with a lot of O line coming back as well.  Saw where they had a WR and a DB pick up scholarship offers as well this week. 

I think WC will be a tough out for everyone on their schedule. 

Franklin should be very good as well. 

Kisler what are you hearing in Bear country?

WC has got their RB and QB coming back with a lot of O line coming back as well.  Saw where they had a WR and a DB pick up scholarship offers as well this week. 

I think WC will be a tough out for everyone on their schedule. 

Franklin should be very good as well. 

Kisler what are you hearing in Bear country?

Noway ; Even though things are very quiet with the Bears; there are very high expectations. Bears should be really good this year. A lot of talent in the skill positions; especially at QB. I think TE will be a major weapon with his size and skill unless he has been moved to a different position. Key for Bears will be O line. They have great size. I think the only thing they will lack is exceptional speed like 2012 team had.

Hated to see Coach McKee leave; but glad to see Coach Turch back. D line will be a strength.

Looking forward to watching them play.

As of right now expectations are high. Coaches are very hyped about the direction the program is heading (via social media) However, I'm a little more optimistic about a "dominating" season. After 3 mediocre seasons i have to see it to believe it. The weight success, coaching schemes, seasoned returners, new indoor facility, etc etc.... Needs to translate into wins. Quite frankly I don't care if we were the weakest team in 6a, in terms of the weight room, I just want wins!

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

As of right now expectations are high. Coaches are very hyped about the direction the program is heading (via social media) However, I'm a little more optimistic about a "dominating" season. After 3 mediocre seasons i have to see it to believe it. The weight success, coaching schemes, seasoned returners, new indoor facility, etc etc.... Needs to translate into wins. Quite frankly I don't care if we were the weakest team in 6a, in terms of the weight room, I just want wins!

What are your predictions for this year? Do you see the Bears being 8-2 or better?

Ha ! That game will set the tone for the season for both MJ and Gallatin.

That is a very tough game to start the season with. Lots of tradition and emotion on both sides. I really like the rivalry, I have always considered MJ as one of those hard nosed teams that can tell you where you are at. Close scoring games for the last few years and I think this will be no different.