Changes at South Doyle?

LHSMom

That's like sending the whole family to jail to pay for something that one of the parents did. If someone had the ability to be able to move to another zone they should be allowed with no questions asked under the situation. I'm not on here preaching for everyone to get up and abandon S-D but what if you had a kid caught in that mess and not knowing what someone would do that will be in charge of filling that position if need be.

What would the difference be if Coach Duncan had just taken a new job somewhere else? Still in limbo with a new coach. Happens all the time.

This situation though is about everyone's life is on hold and not knowing . 

The only people whose "life" is in limbo are Tim Berry, Clark Duncan, and the others that are being investigated.  

The students who play football are still doing what the primary reason they are there for - getting an education.  They still have coaches putting them through off season workouts and they will have coaches coaching them in spring practice in a few weeks.  

Football is a game, an extra curricular activity.  A miniscule percentage of those who play football at the high school level ever put the pads on again once they graduate.  It's about education at that level, and not who a particular coach is. 

Any parent who would take his/her son out of a school because of the change of a coach isn't doing them any favors.  Life doesn't work that way.  One can't turn tail and run just because things aren't exactly the way one thinks they should be.  

Edited by HTV

The only people whose "life" is in limbo are Tim Berry, Clark Duncan, and the others that are being investigated.  

The students who play football are still doing what the primary reason they are there for - getting an education.  They still have coaches putting them through off season workouts and they will have coaches coaching them in spring practice in a few weeks.  

Football is a game, an extra curricular activity.  A miniscule percentage of those who play football at the high school level ever put the pads on again once they graduate.  It's about education at that level, and not who a particular coach is. 

Any parent who would take his/her son out of a school because of the change of a coach isn't doing them any favors.  Life doesn't work that way.  One can't turn tail and run just because things aren't exactly the way one thinks they should be.  

Your right about that and I hope all works out for everyone at S-D. There are and will always be those that will move if something upsets the apple cart because you have to remember to some parents they think their kid is the next Payton Manning right to the very end.

Ooltewah High is a very good example. That place has been drug up and down and all over the coals and if a parent didn't want their kid associated with that school anymore because of the mess that has went on anyone with a brain at all should be able to understand and should not be penalized for wanting out.

According to the Knoxville News Sentinel article it appears that the rumors we've been hearing for quite some time have some credibility. The wife of the assistant coach has been arrested on numerous counts of statutory rape and exploitation of a minor by electronic means.

The paper also stated that the principal and head coach/AD were not charged. Interesting to see how the DA worded his statement in a news release.

Not going to comment on the situation because that's none of my business but I wonder where that leaves Duncan?

According to the article, no decision has been made on his status yet, but I would think this opens the door to his reinstatement. Stranger things have happened though, so I guess we'll see.

According to the article, no decision has been made on his status yet, but I would think this opens the door to his reinstatement. Stranger things have happened though, so I guess we'll see.

Well at least I'm glad this hasn't dilly dallied right on into the summer. They need quick closure ASAP so everyone can move forward.

It will be interesting to see just how much of the real details come out in the Sentinel. If the whole thing comes out, I can't imagine that the TSSAA won't be interested.  Then again, if you pull shenanigans and still go 0-10, maybe they won't.

This is NOT a TSSAA issue.  They have zero jurisdiction.  

I haven't talked to either Tim or Clark since the news came down, but I have to believe that since they were cleared if they aren't reinstated to either the same administrative positions or an equivalent position at another school that they would have grounds for a successful lawsuit.  

But what complicates things is that Clark is also the football coach in addition to his administrative position duties.  I don't think there is a "right" to be the head football coach again, as coaches serve at the pleasure of Knox County.  

But in any event, as I have said all along, I know Tim and Clark well enough to know that they wouldn't have intentionally violated any policies, much less laws.  I am not happy that the situation underlying the issue happened, but I am elated that Tim and Clark have been cleared.  Knowing them, I just found the likelihood that they were guilty of anything illegal or unethical was less than nil.  

And another issue that complicates things is that Jim McIntyre is leaving in July, and he may choose to just continue the leave with pay and let the interim Superintendent make the decision as to where they are placed when he takes over in July. You never know what he will do.