Changes at South Doyle?

LHSMom

The statutory rape of the players is not a TSSAA issue. However, I believe

they do have jurisdiction when 2 players that live in another school zone in Knoxville move in with a South Doyle Assistant Coach and play for South

Doyle.

And they would suspend the coach and make the players ineligible.  

The coach has quit is job with Knox County Schools, and I have been told that the 2 players are no longer part of the team - if they are even still in school.

So, no, there isn't a TSSAA issue at this point.  

And they would suspend the coach and make the players ineligible.

The coach has quit is job with Knox County Schools, and I have been told that the 2 players are no longer part of the team - if they are even still in school.

So, no, there isn't a TSSAA issue at this point.

I do agree to an extent. Did these players play in varsity competition last year? Were they granted a transfer by Knox County? Are they freshman?

And another issue that complicates things is that Jim McIntyre is leaving in July, and he may choose to just continue the leave with pay and let the interim Superintendent make the decision as to where they are placed when he takes over in July. You never know what he will do.  

That's a key part of this, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he leaves things as-is until the new superintendent takes over. That would be very unfortunate.

I do agree to an extent. Did these players play in varsity competition last year? Were they granted a transfer by Knox County? Are they freshman?

I think they did play in varsity competition. TSSAA transfer rules require a move by the kids and parents, and that didn't happen. I don't think what

Knox County does has any bearing. I don't know if they were freshman, but

that would make a difference.

If your maroon and black F avatar has anything to do with Fulton, you should

be able to find out.

Well this just goes to show that they have bent the rules in previous years. This is not the first time they have used a transfer or a coach to have a kid be able to come to school and play. Also on another note how do you have a kid stay with a coach and know that the kid is sleeping with his wife and not saying anything to anyone about it. It wasn't till the kid left and went back to Fulton and was asking for things did they step in and try to cover it up 

I think they did play in varsity competition. TSSAA transfer rules require a move by the kids and parents, and that didn't happen. I don't think what

Knox County does has any bearing. I don't know if they were freshman, but

that would make a difference.

If your maroon and black F avatar has anything to do with Fulton, you should

be able to find out.

I know what I have been told but I am a little different than most. I don't always believe what I hear.

Okay let's see here, they went 0-10 last year. What else do people want, their blood and don't expect Mr. Cuckoo to make a decision either.

+1

I get why some people want blood, especially if they clearly broke a TSSAA rule.  That being said, there isn't much blood to draw from a team as bad as SD was last year (and will be again this year).

Edited by osunut2