Changes at South Doyle?

LHSMom

What is the latest on the mess at South Doyle?

It's in the hands of the Knox County District Attorney's office now.  Everything has been turned over to them to make a decision on who, if anybody, will be charged and with what offense.  

Word on Emory Rd. is about players living with a coaches family after being kicked out of there own house.;  Don't have all the facts, just repeating what I was told.

Players living with a coach in itself isn't a criminal act.  It happens much more often than most realize.  

The story will eventually have to come out, but until it does it isn't with me.  

I have heard it much more than just the player living with the asst. coach, but I will leave it at that and hope that it is just a nasty rumor. 

Any time table for hearing anything, are we talking days, weeks, months???

Also, has an interim HC been named since Coach Duncan cannot have any contact with the football team?

Also, has an interim HC been named since Coach Duncan cannot have any contact with the football team?

Since there isn't an "opening" yet at this point, there hasn't officially been an interim named, but DC Jay Whinery is running things.  Jay is a former head coach in Boise, ID, and is a very good football coach. With Coach Duncan also being the AD, Jay has been doing a lot of things that a head coach would normally do, anyway.   If it works out that Coach Duncan doesn't return it would be a real surprise to just about everybody if Jay isn't named the head coach.  

• 3 weeks later...

Any news as to what is going on here?? I know folks downtown are notorious for dragging their feet so I am not shocked.

Nope.  Nothing new what so ever, from what I have been told the last day or so.  It's all in the hands of the District Attorney's office at this point.  

Edited by HTV