2016 Sequatchie Valley Jamboree

FormerMCHSWarrior

The jamboree is meaningless except for insurance and if your captn kangaroo leaving your starters in both quarters. Its nice to get football started but if you are making predications based on jamboree performances you are lost. For most folks its a pretty vanilla offense and defense.

That being said MC and Sp had the best athletes on the field. SP will beat SC and MC will beat SP.

From what I watched tonight, 2 is not the guy at qb for y'all. Not yet anyways. HZ does better on the wing imo. McLain did well running up the gut. Defense is yalls strong suit but offensively it's a BIG drop from last year. Even the players from last year know it that were standing around the track. Good luck to the Warriors except for 1 game ðŸ‘🻠Edited by powerp

SP might lose to Marion, Boyd and Sequatchie. I really think they go no worse than 8-2 this season, but I will guarantee you one thing. The Whitwell game won't be close. Take it to the bank.

All region games should be a mercy rule. We play in the weakest region now since teams have moved out over the years. It is what it is.

Are you being serious?

Honestly I thought Silverdale was ok, Grundy and Bledsoe looked weak and disorganized.

Whitwell looked as organized and focused as I have seen for long while.

Pittsburg was improved but pretty light on the lines, but they have overcome that weakness before with athletes at the skill positions. They will be solid in 1A. Hoping they can make a game of it in a couple of weeks but the days of beating MC without divine intervention are over.

MC will be less explosive but they are stronger and deeper up front, the defense looked as good or maybe better. MC no longer has a kicking game. A few bounces and few injuries and it will be another good year.

The jamboree is meaningless except for insurance and if your captn kangaroo leaving your starters in both quarters. Its nice to get football started but if you are making predications based on jamboree performances you are lost. For most folks its a pretty vanilla offense and defense.

Check the film. The second and third teams saw action last night in the first quarter.

What I seen... marion County didn't impress me at all. They will have their hands full with SP. Number 10 for SP best athlete on field last night. Number 17 for MC best def. Player on field. All teams

there last night got a lot of work to do!

To the guy above who was impressed with GC beating LV.Sp's grasshoppers would beat them by 14. Whitwell much improved.

My SVC ranking..1 Toss up Jasper SP 3 seq 4 bledsoe 5 whitwell 6 silverdale7 grundy 8 lv

My take on the jamboree.

1. Marion County still has the best players in the valley. They are the team to beat. Offensively they are solid, but there is no Walters on the field. Defensively they are at least as good as last season. Kicking game isn't close from last several years. I stick to my prediction. There are no excuses why they shouldn't be in Cookeville.

2. South Pittsburg is much improved at every position. Offensively we are more explosive with several good receivers. I look for a huge season from 10 catching the football which is something we haven't had in awhile. Our RBs are a solid group as well. Line play is also the best it's been since 2013. The kicking game and defense is much improved. I'm excited about the direction the team is headed, but still a long way to go. This team should be hosting Greenback on Thanksgiving weekend with a shot to make it to Cookeville.

3. Sequatchie County is good against the run, but weak va the pass. The defense looks stout, but like another poster said they don't have much speed. The offense isn't as good as last year, but the defense is bigger and stronger. They will have a winning record, but their ceiling is 1 playoff win.

4. Whitwell is improved. The coach has done a nice job of getting kids interested in the program. They don't have much speed either, but I believe have more than Sequatchie. Whitwell could surprise a few. They will finish second in the region and could even win a playoff game, but after that another trip to Columbia would loom and it will be over.

5. Bledsoe County looks to be missing the presence of the big RB from a year ago. They have a chance to win 4 games, but I believe that is the maximum amount of wins they could get in 2016. Bledsoe County will play 10 games and the season will be over. No playoffs for them this season.

6. Silverdale I don't know much about because they won't play us anymore. Personally I wish the valley coaches would tell them they are out of our jamboree since they won't play any of us in the regular season. They are in a tough region with Bledsoe and also only have 10 games from this point forward. They have no chance vs Tyner, Marion, Boyd, Meigs, and Brainerd. They could beat Bledsoe and Polk County. I'm banking on no more than 4 wins for the Seahawks as well.

7. Grundy County is improving, but they are still classified as a very, very low tier team. They could win up to 3 games, but I see no more than that for them this season. They can beat Cannon County and maybe a few more, but anything more than 1 win should be considered a success to be quite honest.

8. Lookout Valley, I mean Richard Hardy, I mean oh forget it. I have no words. Bless their hearts is all I can say. I believe they will beat Sale Creek this season, but that is likely the only win they will see. It will be another long year in Tiftonia and the first of many long years in Richard City. I do admire the kids for strapping on the pads and playing the game they love though.

Edited by TheAmbassador

I will give my 2 cents worth as well. The most impressive thing to me was the stadium, field, atmosphere..... SP did a great job putting this jamboree on. The promotional items given away as you came in was first class. My hats off to you guys for a job well done. As for the teams: Grundy looks better than last year but it will still be a long season. LV is LV, enough said. Bledsoe will be solid but not sure they finish top 4 in the region. Whitwell looks like they have a good coach and will be a good team this year (6-4 maybe). Silverdale is gonna be ok with that passing attack. SC defense is huge but just isn't quick enough for small fast teams like sp. The only way SC can win next week is ball control. SP looks to have made the biggest jump from last year. They look bigger and have more speed than previous years. MC looked about as I expected. Soph qb first time playing that position especially in front of a crowd did well I think. Made some good throws. Just gotta get the timing down to hand off to all these backs. Hard to take much from a jamboree when nobody shows anything but you can tell who will be there at the end.

Edited by PurplePower68

What I seen... marion County didn't impress me at all. They will have their hands full with SP. Number 10 for SP best athlete on field last night. Number 17 for MC best def. Player on field. All teams

there last night got a lot of work to do!

To the guy above who was impressed with GC beating LV.Sp's grasshoppers would beat them by 14. Whitwell much improved.

My SVC ranking..1 Toss up Jasper SP 3 seq 4 bledsoe 5 whitwell 6 silverdale7 grundy 8 lv

I agree. 17 for Jasper and 10 for SP are also great kids.