Best Teams in Class AA

ballinup90

Good article about it from Mo Patton.

Too bad Mr. Patton won't cover the real issue and that's the discrimination that the TSSAA continues to dish out to every sport other than their prized football.  It's amazing how none of the reporters will cover it......They are afraid they will lose their access from TSSAA.  And for the record, he and others have been asked numerous times to cover it.  #Typical 

I'll bite. What discrimination are you talking about. Funny you get on others for not talking about whatever it is yet you don't talk about it either. Go ahead and fill us in.

Funny you say......ok, I have mentioned here many times, contacted TSSAA, expressed my opinion to several reporters....And the discrimination is the fact that football is realigned, reclassified, and massaged every couple of years while all other sports are disregarded. To justify classifying 1 sport and ignoring the others is an absolute embarrassment and flat out discriminatory.  Does that help you? 

Yes sorry I have not seen your posts before. I thought basketball did realign every two years. I know there are only five classes for other sports where as football has nine now. Do the other sports not base classification on enrollment and realign every two years?

Realignment happens every four years. The exception occurs when there is a 20% change in enrollment. There are difficulties in scheduling less than 2 yrs. Lots of headaches with district restructuring.

Yes sorry I have not seen your posts before. I thought basketball did realign every two years. I know there are only five classes for other sports where as football has nine now. Do the other sports not base classification on enrollment and realign every two years?

It's all good! It's just frustrating to watch 75% of all TN high school athletes get treated unfairly.  5 Classes for football and 3 for all other sports will never be justified. 

I see your point. Not sure of the reasoning behind it or even if there is a reasonable justification. My guess is many have said it probably about money. Really football should not have as many classes and basketball and the other sports could probably use one more. Just my opinion though.

I talk with football coaches and they even think 5 Classes are too many and it waters down and somewhat cheapens the championships. I think 4 across the board would fix most problems. 

Edited by GridironGuru

It's all about the Benjamin's. 5 classifications in football equals more playoff gates. It will never change unles they add more. Most basketball programs operate in the negative. Have u been to a metro game lately? Unless the team is dominating it is a ghost town. Same in the rural areas. Even the "glass house" crowds are thin. Basketball starts drawing better and things will change until then....