Best Teams in Class AA

ballinup90

That's how I"m seeing it pending no upsets. I'm not saying WV can't win that Region, but from what I've heard from other fans and even a few coaches and from what I've observed in 5 or 6 games....the common theme is WV doesn't always play their best players on the court and in pressure games/moments it shows. I don't know if they made 3 threes combined in the last 2 games I watched...and that'll get you beat this time of year, especially if you're a historically 3 point making team. I don't think both bigs can play at the same time against SS's speed for long. I've only seen that combination in 2 games and it wasn't that fluid.  Where's the 3rd big coming from for relief? All 4 teams are quality teams and WV has the most storied program going right now in our area, but that's just my take on AA up here. I believe it will come down between WV and SS for the Championship too and your take of who'll be playing who is my pick too. 

I heard Jones did not score? Can she handle SS pressure alone?

She doesn't need to when the two bigs score 25 and 14 points for a combined 39 points and Pritchett knocks down 4 threes for 12 points. She probably had 10 assists. Did you see her handling pressure last year at the state tournament? There aren't many if any presses that I haven't seen her be able to handle

Edited by sportslover88

She doesn't need to when the two bigs score 25 and 14 points for a combined 39 points and Pritchett knocks down 4 threes for 12 points. She probably had 10 assists. Did you see her handling pressure last year at the state tournament? There aren't many if any presses that I haven't seen her be able to handle

SL88...I'm not dogging your team. I'm a GC homer, but I've been around the coaching business for years and have been involved in several high profile games. The games I've watched WV playing in this year didn't account for those types of numbers (25/14/12) and it didn't happen. Maybe against Bolivar it did, but not in the games I watched. And to answer your question...Yes I was there for the whole week of last year's championships. We got beat by S. Greene on Saturday in the Championship last year. I was there and witnessed what happened to WV against East Nashville. I don't think I'd be hanging my hat on last year's trip to the Boro and the handling of pressure. If my memory serves me correct, you guys had a 10 point lead in the 4th and the pressure wasn't handled very well at all. I hope WV can go and win it all. When one of our area teams win it, it only makes the entire area benefit. We all have a tough area up here, but I'm just giving you an honest assessment from me and conversations of several others' perspective that are outside of your program. Most of us are pulling for you guys!

Ballinup I have to respectfully disagree on the state run for PC. They are talented and I think the coach has them going in the right direction, but from what I've seen they are not mentally tough enough to make a deep run. I think westmoreland will put them out a second year.

Welp the Moment of Truth is today