New Coach for McNairy Central

concernedbobcat

I'm sitting back watching this banter back and forth and as a former Bobcat Basketball player under James Horton I'm very bothered. I'm very bothered that the two best SMS players won't be attending MCHS next year. I hope that's incorrect. I'm bothered by the constant negative comments by Bobcat83. You speak out of both sides of your mouth. You say you support the Bobcats but turn around and bash every coach they have. That is the main reason we are losing players to the school down the road. The community is the cause of this problem. People need to shut up and support the coaches and school. I know both basketball coaches really well. I don't communicate with them on a regular basis but have watched them over the years since I have been gone from MCHS. They know how to coach. The parents need to back the coaches when they discipline the players instead of siding with them and bashing the coaches. Brian did a really good job this year with the mediocre talent he had. Jerry had a down year. So what? That happens. It will happen again sometime down the road. This isn't Memphis where you are loaded with talent every year. I attended the Bolivar game for the '83 state tournament recognition at halftime of the girls game and was shocked at the empty stands. I had to leave and go to Aville to watch my son play for TCA and didn't get to see boys game. If the community was being positive and building the players up more people would come. I realize fans like to see winning teams but there still should have been more in attendance that night. I was really embarrassed for the kids. The kids didn't cause this. It's the dad gum adults in the community!!

• Upvote 1

My point has been that the community won't support the teams. If, like you said, people would support and promote the kids more people would be there. They would rather run the coach down instead of telling someone "hey come watch our team and support them". 4 losing seasons in 39 years, hundreds of wins, many players playing college ball. Who doesn't want a coach like that? I promise you this, if he retired tomorrow his phone would explode from calls offering him a job. He's been loyal and didn't have to. He could've left many times for better paying jobs but didn't because he loves mchs. The least this community can do is support him and do everything they can to help him win in the last few years of his career. That's all I ask

Sorry to have an opinion. I go to games scream yell and give $ but I can't have an opinion.

Brown is a jerk. As I've said before nobody who isn't kin to him as anything good to say about him. I'm pretty sure your kid TCAINTENSE wouldn't play for him. Yeah I'm sure Horton yelled at you but he didn't make you feel like you were an idiot or lower than dirt. And dint talk about Browns loyalty he left when he knew talent was about to go down

As far as the crowds it's been down for along time

Lott was a good coach and it's time for a change. New blood and energy will help the program

Like I've said I hope you guys are right butIMO you are not. If I'm allowed to have one

TCAIntense is one of the smartest posters on CoachT. I'm always interested in his posts whether they are about basketball or football. He still loves MCHS as much as he did when he was a player.

Brown is not a relative, but he can coach. If anyone would say they can't see the improvement in this team, they have on blinders. He left a better team at Hardin County to come back to MCHS. Dyersburg has one of the best school systems in West Tennessee. There are not many coaches/fathers that would not want their children in that system.

When the season is finished, why don't you visit Coach Brown. You may not like his style, but you can't question about his passion for the school or the boys program.

Well I have talked to several players on boys team personally. And they say all of them dislike Brown. All of them. Those boys don't play for Brown they play for themselves only. Brown yells and degrades those young men from tipoff to last buzzer. He needs to go. I think they should start process of hiring Coach Riley.

As for Lott he should cross on over to retirement. One of his main point guards will not be back next year because of Lott.

Dwayne how many yrs you coach at Selmer Middle?

And you people come on here and bash someone for their opinion should be shamefull.

I see by yalls comments bone of you have taken the time to talk to the young girls and boys and see how they feel. Try that and then come and post what you here from them.

Why would you ask teenagers who they want as a coach?  They change their minds on a hourly basis. How many teens like their coach when they are making them run?  You can tell something about the players when they play hard in a game. Does anyone doubt our boys have played hard late in the season?

I am hopeful everyone will come back to play on both teams. Transferring is not what many players think. Ask the boy that lost most of his season at Adamsville. Check with the girl that rode the bench at Chester Co. Check with the other girl at Chester and see how much fun it is to have one player with the green light.

I do not bash anyone for their opinion. This is America. I am not going to waste my time asking young people about their choice of coaches. I assure you they would not like the next coach either.

Edited by Macnarry

Well I have talked to several players on boys team personally. And they say all of them dislike Brown. All of them. Those boys don't play for Brown they play for themselves only. Brown yells and degrades those young men from tipoff to last buzzer. He needs to go. I think they should start process of hiring Coach Riley.

As for Lott he should cross on over to retirement. One of his main point guards will not be back next year because of Lott.

Dwayne how many yrs you coach at Selmer Middle?

And you people come on here and bash someone for their opinion should be shamefull.

I see by yalls comments bone of you have taken the time to talk to the young girls and boys and see how they feel. Try that and then come and post what you here from them.

Whos leaving McNairy? Where is she going?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Coach Lott and McNairy's future freshman just beat GC's future freshman, who just won the middle school state tournament. Coach Lott has always been a friend and a fine coach and a fine person. Congrats on a good looking bunch and a dominant center coming up.

Saw Mcnairy play Trenton's group not to long ago and looked good, Trenton ended up winning, but was impressed with Mcnairy. If all the kids will stay with it and trust what Lott will teach them then Mcnairy will be at the top level again. Big post girl, prob 6 foot? Moves well also.. I will say the Trenton group they played should be good they won the Gibson County conference title this year and should again next year. Good things coming to the high school in Trenton also.

Edited by BABABA