Region 3AAA tourney begins

85warrior

Final

Walker Valley 58

Cumberland Co 42[/quote

Game was a lot closer than this score shows. CCHS played hard and deserves to win this game, but as usual, the game was over taken by the officials and snatched a deserving win away. Jets outplayed WV the whole game. It's a shame that refs came actually decide the outcome of a close game.

Edited by bball crazy

Game was a lot closer than this score shows. CCHS played hard and deserves to win this game, but as usual, the game was over taken by the officials and snatched a deserving win away. Jets outplayed WV the whole game. It's a shame that refs came actually decide the outcome of a close game.

a 16 point game was decided by refs?

Edited by FootballFan51

Final

Walker Valley 58

Cumberland Co 42[/quote

The game was closer. I said in the beginning they are making WV play ugly in the first half the Jets got away with a lot of pushing with thier legs. Great coaching job by their coach. They were undersized and really not as quick. Only problem with pressing is your legs give out. Told my wife game will be close til 4th quarter. Seen it before. They did a great job but had nothing left half way through the 4th started missing layups and the 3 s they were hitting. Fact. Refs could of called more the one thing they did do is call a phantom charge on the WV kid who was getting physical. Saw that coming too they were looking at him during the break waiting to restart the game. Truth is the Jets did out play them right up to the point they got behind by 4. Their coach knew it too. I sat above their bench. He did all he could do with an undersized team. Substituted as much as his talent allowed. But in the end they needed to have at least a 7 point lead going into the 4th to finish his game plan. Pull it out make them go to a man and cut cut cut. Then hit your free throws. That's all they could do. Didn't workout. Nothing to hang their heads about. But WV did enough to win. Also WV lead 18 to 17 after 1 32 to 31 at the half and either lead by 2 or trailed by 2 to end the 3rd to say out right the Jets should of won is a stretch. When I say the Jets outplayed them I mean they made WV play their game. But it was anybody's game til around 3 minutes left.

Edited by anotherback

I see Bradley lost which definitely makes interesting. Who wins the first round matchups Saturday night?

I'll go with White over Mcminn, Cookeville over Cleveland, Walker Valley over Cumberland, and Bradley over Warren(closer than what most will think).

Well I was pretty much correct. Warren hung with Bradley for a while anyway. Go Warriors!!!