D-1 AAA vs D-2

In Hoc Signo Vinces

Everyone gets to have an opinion on this topic and that is what makes it fun / interesting. Many weights could be argued either way based on scenarios but at some point it comes down to objective thoughts based on actual results. They ultimately don't mean much (just like rankings) and that is why we wrestle the matches.

However, if you get down to trying to be somewhat objective it would be hard to favor Bagley in the hypothetical match. Match-ups matters but Bagley took a lose to the wrestler who finished 4th in DII 220. Objectively you would have to favor DII at that weight.

Boy don't we wish it could be settled on the mat one way or another... Come on TSSAA, some day find a way to settle it... Not going to defend circumstances matter. 

But wouldn't it be great If someone in this state held a March or April (to deal with dead period) invitational tourney for state placers 1-4 in all divisions give 5 pounds but must wrestle your division... 

Eason smoked McElhaney the week before at Cleveland Duals and then got caught in a roll when McElhaney pinned him (all due credit to Mc, he DID find a way to stick a two timer). I'd still take Eason to win 8/10 in that matchup.

King would beat any 138 in the state by 6. His absence was the only reason Bradley was able to eke out a win at their own tourney.

And I really don't know if there's anyone more dangerous on their feet than Whimper, 182 would be a battle.

I don't know if Kings absence was the only reason Bradley won the invitational and you sure don't know. It would have helped FR out a lot, for sure!

King is a beast, no doubt. Maybe the best wrestler aroun at 138 in recent years. That's not sayin that Fuller couldn't have beat him that night. Bradley was on a row that night. It helps being at home. Bears won 4 out of 5 against Ryan? 3 out of 4? Anything can happen!

I don't know if Kings absence was the only reason Bradley won the invitational and you sure don't know. It would have helped FR out a lot, for sure!

King is a beast, no doubt. Maybe the best wrestler aroun at 138 in recent years. That's not sayin that Fuller couldn't have beat him that night. Bradley was on a row that night. It helps being at home. Bears won 4 out of 5 against Ryan? 3 out of 4? Anything can happen!

Bradley won that tournament by what, 11? That's a couple King pins. Further, the Irish didn't even enter a 170 pounder and brought JV for two other weights. All due respect to a great Bradley team this year but Ryan was on another level, as evidenced by their rather convincing Cleveland Duals win over BC

Of course when the D2 kid gets stuck, then it must be luck since he one the first match.  typical.

texas23,

Im glad you provided statistical facts to back up your point like the person you are trying to bash. Im sure your opinion means more than the facts. I am sure you non biased mind didn't influence this post at all.

texas23,

Im glad you provided statistical facts to back up your point like the person you are trying to bash. Im sure your opinion means more than the facts. I am sure you non biased mind didn't influence this post at all.

I have zero statistics for what I was responding to.  If I just take the comments as true, then the FR wrestler handled the BCHS wrestler in a pretty easy fashion.  And then further, the FR wrestler was pinned when they met again, yet this was a lucky circumstance for the BSHS wrestler.  If there is some statistical data that changes the outcome of one win and one lose for each of the wrestler, I am open to you showing it to me.  My comment is not about the wrestler but about the poster, typical comment that one guy got lucky.  Who was I bashing? 

I have zero statistics for what I was responding to.  If I just take the comments as true, then the FR wrestler handled the BCHS wrestler in a pretty easy fashion.  And then further, the FR wrestler was pinned when they met again, yet this was a lucky circumstance for the BSHS wrestler.  If there is some statistical data that changes the outcome of one win and one lose for each of the wrestler, I am open to you showing it to me.  My comment is not about the wrestler but about the poster, typical comment that one guy got lucky.  Who was I bashing? 

You have now posted 2x's that a poster on this thread said that the BCHS wrestler was lucky to win.  Where and whoever said this?  D2Wrestler only stated that Eason beat the BCHS wrestler the prior week and then the BCHS wrestler caught him the next week and pinned him, even said give him credit for finding a way to pin him.  Where did he or anybody else on this post say that the BCHS wrestler was lucky to win.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by facenthecrowd

Bradley won that tournament by what, 11? That's a couple King pins. Further, the Irish didn't even enter a 170 pounder and brought JV for two other weights. All due respect to a great Bradley team this year but Ryan was on another level, as evidenced by their rather convincing Cleveland Duals win over BC

No horse in the race but I would guess most who follow wrestling know King is probably the best wrestler in the state this year. I think he would of had several pins and I honestly think the best Fuller would of done against him is lose a decision. That said Fuller did what was in front of him.

You have now posted 2x's that a poster on this thread said that the BCHS wrestler was lucky to win.  Where and whoever said this?  D2Wrestler only stated that Eason beat the BCHS wrestler the prior week and then the BCHS wrestler caught him the next week and pinned him, even said give him credit for finding a way to pin him.  Where did he or anybody else on this post say that the BCHS wrestler was lucky to win.

Thanks in advance.

I took that post, "some how managed" as also being lucky.  You are correct, those exact words were not used, but I thought they were inferred.  that the poster also thought that wrestler wins 8 of 10 or whatever the number was, suggests some luck as well.  I do know that I did not bash anyone, maybe you can go direct some questions about that actually being done as well, you seem pretty good at this!  Thanks in advance.

I took that post, "some how managed" as also being lucky.  You are correct, those exact words were not used, but I thought they were inferred.  that the poster also thought that wrestler wins 8 of 10 or whatever the number was, suggests some luck as well.  I do know that I did not bash anyone, maybe you can go direct some questions about that actually being done as well, you seem pretty good at this!  Thanks in advance.

Why would I direct questions about bashing?  What do you mean by that comment?   That is what you asked of another poster.  I only asked why you kept saying "lucky" when the poster never said that.  Thanks in advance.

Why would I direct questions about bashing?  What do you mean by that comment?   That is what you asked of another poster.  I only asked why you kept saying "lucky" when the poster never said that.  Thanks in advance.

you seem to feel the need to jump in on something that did not make sense to you, so I explained that.  my comment about bashing was to see if you were as good about that as you were about the "lucky" comment you had for me.  Thanks in advance.

you seem to feel the need to jump in on something that did not make sense to you, so I explained that. my comment about bashing was to see if you were as good about that as you were about the "lucky" comment you had for me. Thanks in advance.

Always the victim, Texas. I never said he was "lucky," I gave the kid credit for a good win...but having seen both matches, I just think Eason is the better wrestler. Even the best get caught sometimes, it's the nature of the sport. All credit to McElhaney for capitalizing when he had the chance

Edited by D2Wrestling