Middleton vs. Dresden

tigerfanatic

I don't think GC is going to win it all. GC has Decatur to worry about. I think Middleton is a good team but to say they are going to run over Dresden I am not buying just yet. I hope GC runs into these guys so we can settle it once and for all. I know GC has beat Middleton twice the last two years in the summer. I wouldn't guarantee a victory, but they wouldn't be scared. A Vegas line on a neutral court would probably be a pick em. For the record we have beat Dresden on their floor earlier by six.

Edited by pioneer42

I typically just post on Dresden football threads but thought I'd jump in here. As we found out last year, beating Middleton will be a tall task. Dresden pretty much has the same players as last year so I feel like playing Middletom at home last year will help them. Maybe they won't be shell shocked playing there again this year. Not sure where you got your info but I've never heard anyone describe the Lady Lions as BIG & SLOW. One thing about Dresden is there is no one star player so you have to match up with all 5 because they can all be a threat. I'm hoping for a good game.

If we win just come give me a handshake and admit we good...I'll be there!!!

I don't think GC is going to win it all. GC has Decatur to worry about. I think Middleton is a good team but to say they are going to run over Dresden I am not buying just yet. I hope GC runs into these guys so we can settle it once and for all. I know GC has beat Middleton twice the last two years in the summer. I wouldn't guarantee a victory, but they wouldn't be scared. A Vegas line on a neutral court would probably be a pick em.

U talking about a summer game...back when I played football in high school....every year we beat teams in scrimmage games...but when it came to the season that same team wrecked us!!

I don't think GC is going to win it all. GC has Decatur to worry about. I think Middleton is a good team but to say they are going to run over Dresden I am not buying just yet. I hope GC runs into these guys so we can settle it once and for all. I know GC has beat Middleton twice the last two years in the summer. I wouldn't guarantee a victory, but they wouldn't be scared. A Vegas line on a neutral court would probably be a pick em. For the record we have beat Dresden on their floor earlier by six.

Middleton would beat Gibson County by 10 at the glass house and it could be worse. Summer games don't count.

You aren't giving Middleton near enough credit. Dresden would beat GC on a neutral court and almost did on their home court. Don't get to pumped up about GC going to win it all. Middleton has won the Gold Ball with two undefeated seasons. For you to think they shouldn't be the favorite again is your choice but I wouldnt bet against them. GC hasn't been to the glass house with this group of girls and that usually brings out nerves and more pressure. Teams that have been before like Middleton and those 7A teams will be ready so you better take care of business with Riverside first. I think GC will beat Riverside but you would never go to Middleton and beat them. Go Dresden!

You do realize GC best Dresden @ Dresden earlier this year right?

I did not know that but they are very close in talent.

Completely agree. Dresden is a very good team. Your statement just did not make sense. Both games went to OT but GC won both Just don't understand your dislike for GC. Seem to be pulling against them. But most of the district 14a seems too. In my opinion Middleton is no doubt favorites and team to beat until someone takes them down

westtnsportsfan,

I hope GC can go up there and win the Gold Ball but I just don't see it happening. I think girls basketball is down this year in our area. In my opinion 14A was really down this year. I hope Dresden goes to Middleton and wins but its a tough place to play and win.  The Gibson County team of a few years back (Heather Butler's bunch) would beat this GC team by 20 points or more but its not fair to compare the two. They had Kevin McMillan and that's a big difference.