Haywood Lady Tomcats

tkhpurple

They have to make Upperman play the fast pace. I'm sure teams in the Cookeville area don't run as much as Haywood, so the Lady Tomcats have to use that to their advantage. I don't think Haywood will shoot well, well none of the teams for that matter. College court, wider lane, smaller rims. I think Haywood has to get easy baskets, whether it's attacking the basket, in transition, or at the foul line and the players are gonna have to be aware of assignments on the press. If Upperman has good ballhandlers, easy layups for them

smaller rims?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upperman has one of the best PG's in the state... Akira Levy. Kid is fun to watch!

Akira can play fast paced bsll with anyone in the state, has great ball handling and drive skills. The rest of UHS are shooters, can leave anyone open helping on the PG. Will come down to who gets to play there game...if its half court.....UHS, if its run and gun......Haywood

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

They have to make Upperman play the fast pace. I'm sure teams in the Cookeville area don't run as much as Haywood, so the Lady Tomcats have to use that to their advantage. I don't think Haywood will shoot well, well none of the teams for that matter. College court, wider lane, smaller rims. I think Haywood has to get easy baskets, whether it's attacking the basket, in transition, or at the foul line and the players are gonna have to be aware of assignments on the press. If Upperman has good ballhandlers, easy layups for them

Dana McWilliams runs her kids hard to keep them in game shape. They have had practices in the TTU gym. That's where thay played the D8AA tourney and the R4AA tourney.

The problem that high school shooters have, is that wide open space behind the glass, that's not there in their home gyms.

Amazing fourth quarter performance by Levy. Heard the people next to me questioning why she got her Miss Basketball nomination until she took the game over.

She for sure had a dominate 4th quarter. It's not like she played bad the first 3 quarters, she just wasn't in the game. It almost cost her team the game. But, wow! What a 4th quarter!

She for sure had a dominate 4th quarter. It's not like she played bad the first 3 quarters, she just wasn't in the game. It almost cost her team the game. But, wow! What a 4th quarter!

She's always been prone to fouling. It was almost the worst time for it to happen again! Haywood looked shell shocked.

Levy's fourth quarter was one of the most dominate runs by an individual player that I've seen in a long time... Kid is good!

On a side note, I thought Shutes played very well for Haywood finishing with 18 points. In my opinion, this showing tonight, plus a consistent season next year, puts her in as a Miss Basketball finalist in AA for next year.

Levy's fourth quarter was one of the most dominate runs by an individual player that I've seen in a long time... Kid is good!

On a side note, I thought Shutes played very well for Haywood finishing with 18 points. In my opinion, this showing tonight, plus a consistent season next year, puts her in as a Miss Basketball finalist in AA for next year.

I think it'll be Levy, Lynn, and then Jones from Westview or Shutes in the last spot.