Clay Co vs Hampton

uknoit2

I enjoy the boards (for the most part) but always try to give an unbiased opinion

I am the same way, I enjoy the boards and have no dog in any fight. I try to learn & scout as much talent as I can in This great basketball state. I really appreciate all the feedback, opinions and posts everyone takes the time to share. I may try to make it to the Boro for the gms. I just hate that these gms will be played during March Madness!! Bad scheduling by TSSAA

This is one of my favorite threads to check in on.

Edited by Bigboi20

Haha thanks, I am a follower of the Upper Cumberland sports programs and don't even live in Clay but I do understand how biased home town folks can be. I enjoy the boards (for the most part) but always try to give an unbiased opinion even when it's against the UC teams.

Would I be surprised if Hampton wins? Not the slightest as I think any of the 8 teams can win the whole thing. Things change in the glass house with a winner take all 1 game. Would I like to see Clay advance of course but it's going to take one of their best games 3 games in a row which is a tough feat.

I do however think whomever wins this game could be short lived as the 2nd round will be extremely tough for either team.

3 in a row go 6 back we played great in all of those.we will be ok! In fact 10 points and we are undefeated! Lost 2 tough road games but we have taken those and aren't looking back!

Haha thanks, I am a follower of the Upper Cumberland sports programs and don't even live in Clay but I do understand how biased home town folks can be. I enjoy the boards (for the most part) but always try to give an unbiased opinion even when it's against the UC teams.

Would I be surprised if Hampton wins? Not the slightest as I think any of the 8 teams can win the whole thing. Things change in the glass house with a winner take all 1 game. Would I like to see Clay advance of course but it's going to take one of their best games 3 games in a row which is a tough feat.

I do however think whomever wins this game could be short lived as the 2nd round will be extremely tough for either team.

I am the same way, I enjoy the boards and have no dog in any fight. I try to learn & scout as much talent as I can in This great basketball state. I really appreciate all the feedback, opinions and posts everyone takes the time to share. I may try to make it to the Boro for the gms. I just hate that these gms will be played during March Madness!! Bad scheduling by TSSAA

This is one of my favorite threads to check in on.

It's all in fun, But when the uninformed chime in, it brings out the best in us all Lol.

Hopefully we'll make the 2nd round and have the privilege of playing Mitchell again...Either way, I'll just enjoy watching #4 play his last high school games

3 in a row go 6 back we played great in all of those.we will be ok! In fact 10 points and we are undefeated! Lost 2 tough road games but we have taken those and aren't looking back!

Ok yes Clay Co has had a great year and beat some good teams but the state tournament is totally different. Look at all of the great Clay Co teams. The 2006 team as far as overall talent spread through the starting 5 was the best to play at Clay besides maybe the Coe, Strong, and Spivey group from the 80s. In 2006 they still lost to Wayne County in the first round. There is something about playing in MTSU it makes it tougher to score and especially shooting.

Will I think Clay will win vs Hampton? Yes but it will be close with it being able to go either way.

If you are a fan like I am and you say they have played great the past 6 games then we must have watch different games. Clay has actually played pretty poorly the past few games. 16 turnovers vs JC in the region championship along with 12-14 vs Marion County. If that continues vs Hampton or Mitchell then it's game over. If they play like they did in the Smokey Mountain Classic and prior then Clay could win it all.

Edited by Shozen

I know that Hampton got beat by a South Greene team that has a horrible record

Yes they did. At South Greene, with their football players (probably about half the team) less than 2 weeks off the football field. When they played the 2nd time, Hampton beat them by 50+, so that's a pretty weak argument.

Yes they did. At South Greene, with their football players (probably about half the team) less than 2 weeks off the football field. When they played the 2nd time, Hampton beat them by 50+, so that's a pretty weak argument.

And Jones wasn't on the floor at all...Didn't touch the floor till half way thru the season.

And I can assure him that Cloudland's defense and shooting percentage was much better than Clarkrange's...They were within 4 points of CC in the 4th qtr of the district.

that 06 team also left Stoney Creek with a L. Of course the northeast tn teams can't compete.

Here we go trying to compare our internet p e n i s's again. Let me grab my magnifying glass for yours. Why even bring up win/losses of an 06 team I didn't even mention it. That was 10 years ago. Take off your letterman jacket when you go to the next game. It makes you look old.