Clay Co vs Hampton

uknoit2

Sho, I see you mention 'taking charges' again...

It's cool to see another program that understands the place for this in the game.

We usually hear a bunch of crying because we "drew too many charges"...If a player wants to play like a bull, he needs to join the rodeo!

Yeah CC as a team takes alot but man does #33. Sometimes he gets into foul trouble but over the course a this year I bet he has taken 100+. Opposing teams and fans seem to always give him grief..

His nickname is "Visa" because he is always taking charges. LOL

6' Russell 12 ppg, If he is hot he hit 5 straight 3s vs Clarkrange in the first quarter of the district champ. Takes a TON of charges. I would put him at probably most in the state this year. (Junior)

6'1 Copas 6 ppg, Rebounds,good defense, does the little things. Can score if needed. (Senior)

6'2 Browning 12 ppg, shoots the 3 very well and all around solid player. Handles the ball if Key is out. (Senior)

6'3 Key, well 30.4 ppg, one in a blue moon talent in single A. (Junior)

6'4/6'5 Maybry 15-20 ppg depending, big wide body, rebounds well and if he is on it will be a tough night. Does get into foul trouble sometimes. (Senior)

5'8 Smith 10 ppg, shoots the 3 extremely well and will give much needed boost off the bench. Better cover him at all times. (Sophomore)

5'10 Ogletree 4 ppg, Hustler, great defense, will come off the bench and give good solid minutes. (Freshman)

5'10 Silk 2-4 ppg depending. Solid rebounding, defense, and can score. (Freshman)

5'6 Kimes 2 ppg. Hustles, very good ball handler and defense for his size. Actually rebounds very well. (Freshman)

I know you have some rounding in there, but that comes out to 93 ppg using the bottom of any range you gave.  That seems a little high.  Not saying CC isn't high scoring, but I'm a math nerd.

What I do see is that from a scoring perspective, CC mostly just goes 6 deep.  Not those solid minutes out of freshmen isn't important.

I know you have some rounding in there, but that comes out to 93 ppg using the bottom of any range you gave.  That seems a little high.  Not saying CC isn't high scoring, but I'm a math nerd.

What I do see is that from a scoring perspective, CC mostly just goes 6 deep.  Not those solid minutes out of freshmen isn't important.

CC averaged 78 ppg this year. So that's not far off. But yes it wasnt exact as the bottom 3-4 players are very random.. Sometimes they score sometimes they don't. The top 5 is fairly accurate.

Edited by Shozen

6' Russell 12 ppg, If he is hot he hit 5 straight 3s vs Clarkrange in the first quarter of the district champ. Takes a TON of charges. I would put him at probably most in the state this year. (Junior)

6'1 Copas 6 ppg, Rebounds,good defense, does the little things. Can score if needed. (Senior)

6'2 Browning 12 ppg, shoots the 3 very well and all around solid player. Handles the ball if Key is out. (Senior)

6'3 Key, well 30.4 ppg, one in a blue moon talent in single A. (Junior)

6'4/6'5 Maybry 15-20 ppg depending, big wide body, rebounds well and if he is on it will be a tough night. Does get into foul trouble sometimes. (Senior)

5'8 Smith 10 ppg, shoots the 3 extremely well and will give much needed boost off the bench. Better cover him at all times. (Sophomore)

5'10 Ogletree 4 ppg, Hustler, great defense, will come off the bench and give good solid minutes. (Freshman)

5'10 Silk 2-4 ppg depending. Solid rebounding, defense, and can score. (Freshman)

5'6 Kimes 2 ppg. Hustles, very good ball handler and defense for his size. Actually rebounds very well. (Freshman)

hey thanks!

Pujo is going to say I've went fully over to the other side, but I'm going to ride down this afternoon for the Grace game.  Have to come back tonight for work tomorrow, so won't be at the H-town game tomorrow.  I'll try to do updates on the Grace thread during the game.  Hoping to make it in time to see part of the BTW game.

I'll be keeping up with the game on the Coacht site Knoxmojo, love that they air these games. I do think you guys take the W but I'd say you will be impressed with the Booker T bunch. Grace or Hampton would have to compete at a very high level to  take the gold as either would probably have to beat the best 2 teams in the state back to back. Then again,you really never know in a Basketball game.

I'll be keeping up with the game on the Coacht site Knoxmojo, love that they air these games. I do think you guys take the W but I'd say you will be impressed with the Booker T bunch. Grace or Hampton would have to compete at a very high level to  take the gold as either would probably have to beat the best 2 teams in the state back to back. Then again,you really never know in a Basketball game.

I see now that there is good coverage of the games via Coacht/TSSAA.  I agree.  It would be a tough row to hoe from either side of the bracket.

After your track record on the T, I'm even more positive knowing you picked against us!

If by some miracle we win, I'll be anxiously awaiting all your excuses as to how it was "given" to us

I'll have no excuses. If Hampton wins then congratulations will be in order. I will expect the same from you sir. Edited by UCSportsFan

CC averaged 78 ppg this year. So that's not far off. But yes it wasnt exact as the bottom 3-4 players are very random.. Sometimes they score sometimes they don't. The top 5 is fairly accurate.

I came up with CC avg 72.27 gm (in 33 gms) this year and Hampton avg 67.64 (in 34gms) when I was doing my #s to calculate the spread & total the other night ( I am a math guy myself )

CC gave up 51.24 gm while Hampton gave up 53.26

Total points scored CC 2385 (33gms) Hampton 2300 (34 gms)

Total point given up CC 1691 Hampton 1811

Edited by Bigboi20