Clay Co vs Hampton

uknoit2

This has been a fun thread to watch. I'm going to comment on three things. I've tried to dig and research as much as I could before I commented. 1. I think Hampton wins this game by 10. I think the State tournament experience they have is going to be the difference. Their Seniors have seen Mitchell and Union City of the past. They won't see anybody that good this year. Mitchell and BTW are close but not quite as good as the past. 2. Murphy Center! We have Oman arena in Jackson where Madison Academic plays their home games. It's also where big tournaments are played. We call it the Great Equalizer. I don't think I've ever seen a high school team shoot very well in that arena other than Madison. Madison generally doesn't have very good teams but when you play them at Oman you better look out. They have beaten many teams that were better than them due to poor shooting by other team. Depth perception will be an issue at Murphy Center and there may be a team lose that wouldn't normally lose in a normal HS gym. 3. I think the 8 state tournament 1A teams fall in the following categories.

Tier 1- Mitchell and Booker T

Tier 2- Hampton

Tier 3- Clay co and GCA

Tier 4- Van Buren, Nashville Christian and MTCS

I think Hampton is the only team that could realistically get to the finals other than the two Memphis teams. I've seen BTW and Mitchell play twice and their smothering defense will be the difference. I think Hampton has enough experience to handle their pressure but not sure if they can beat them. Upsets are always possible. I think Clay and Hampton will definitely be best first round game. Wouldn't surprise me if Clay won but I'm going with Hampton. Good luck to all teams and Congrats on a fine season!

OK Hamptonites, I hate to jump off topic, but this has been bugging me. And no disrespect to the people who created it, but I'm curious:

You guys don't even give a crap about baseball/softball and it struggles to work up there, so who in the devil thought SOCCER would work?

BEATS THE HECK OUTTA ME!!!

OK Hamptonites, I hate to jump off topic, but this has been bugging me. And no disrespect to the people who created it, but I'm curious:

You guys don't even give a crap about baseball/softball and it struggles to work up there, so who in the devil thought SOCCER would work?

We did win 18 Baseball games last season but we would be better if a few other kids would play. Baseball has done pretty well the last 3 years. But I;d much rather have a wrestling team than soccer,

Edited by pujo