1A Top 10 (Summer Edition)

Malone wasn't in the regular season game when Dresden beat Peabody. He was back when we played them in playoffs. I know one man cant beat a team but they were a totally different team when he was in the game.

That is Wrong. One man can beat a team. Josh Nicks did it to South Pittsburg in the State Championship.

Neither team could stop the other one. We turned it over twice and they turned it over once. They kicked a field goal and beat us. Nicks was hard to stop for less than 3-4 yards a whack that day.

Yeah it was nerve wracking to say the least. One of the best 1A Title Games in recent history. SP could score quick and did, UC controlled the clock and came away with a storybook ending. It was a great game.

It's amazing to me the run Union City is currently on. SP has a long and storied history, but I'm not quite sure that we have had a run as impressive as Union City. When we lose 20 seniors and 9-10 starters each way we go 2-8 the next year. Union City still makes a deep run. It's pretty durn impressive.

They cheat, recruit, have 27 year old's playing, friends with TSSAA, should be in 5A class with their numbers. Swo am I missing anything???? They are impressive each year.

I'm fully aware it was just a scrimmage and how in the grand scheme of things that they mean absolutely nothing. But when DeKalb County played Trousdale County in the spring, they just wasn't anywhere near being a Top 10 team. They could of had a few players out for baseball at that given time, but the scrimmage wasn't even close. It was 100% lopsided, and we didn't even have our Mr. Everything, QB Steven Jennings playing either, as well as a few other players out for baseball.

By the time the season rolls around, TC will of had plenty of time for improvement. To me they didn't look like your typical TC team however. I didn't really see any big play athletes standing out. IMO, TC just won't be in legit contention for a gold ball. I'll go ahead and predict that they finish the regular season at 7-3 with losses to Upperman, Jo Byrns, and Nashville Christian. All 3 of those games are on the road and will be extremely tough. At the best, I believe they'll go one and done in the playoffs as well.

At the same time I know better to count TC out. I'm just going off of what my eyes seen, and what I've been told about their team/roster. Best of luck to TC on a great season!

he ran over folks

I remember him well and he was really good but I have to agree with the other guy that no one player wins by theirselves. As for this year I think UC will be really good as well as NCS and Dresden. I've been watching high school football for many years and I think WC has an offense this year that may be the most explosive that they have ever had. They can score from any angle on any given play. I thought the defense would take some lumps early until the players get settled into new positions but after watching the spring scrimmage against Columbia Acad I think they will be just fine. Look for WC to be hanging around late in the playoffs this year