Greenback football 2016

orngnblk

Some "good ole boy" from somewhere besides Greenback called for martial law in the GB burg(and yes Einstein,it's "martial",not "Marshall" as you kept saying.In martial law the military takes over and governs while unrest,riots,invasions or natural disasters calm down.One general or military official takes full control of the situation until all is calm again.Your Marshall sounds like nothing ever happened and he is still in control as usual.If your aim is to start a war,at least know what to call it.It's Martial,not Marshall.Dillon doesn't need to be bothered with this little discussion.Anyway,there's a TRUCE in place

LOL  I'm a lazy speller. I've been reading to many of the Garbage Man's post on the Murvul Thread is my only excuse I can give you. 

sorry for the delay but thank you very much for the prayers!

Hope your son gets well soon ladykee. It's a very tough situation when something like this happens to a young man. When I'm at a Maryville game they will announce the scores of games being played and Greenback will always get the biggest ovation from the crowd. That should tell you all how well your kids, school and community are though of and you guys are so lucky to be living there.

Because the jamboree is to show off your uniforms, not your best firepower. Your scrimmage game will be more beneficial than the jamboree.

I loved the Jamborees back in the 80's and we got to play the big schools.Back then we all played hard.A lot of fun playing teams we really had no chance of beating in the regular season but for one quarter we could compete and we have worn out WB,Heritage and Sevier county a few times in the hat quarter!LOL.

For some jamborees are like NFL exhibition games. I don't get the point in having them if you aren't going to play football which to me is trying to win. One quarter to win and put forward your best game. Scrimmages to me is where you perfect things, try things, move people around to see what works and what don't.

Don't want to be the rotten apple in the basket but for schools like Maryville will run the first team usually one series and from that point forward and everyone on the team will get to play. It's a game you don't want your first opponent breaking down film on first thing and if someone got hurt in a meaningless game that don't even count no one would ever forgive the coach. Heritage High is walking distance from my house and I personally wouldn't go outside and watch it off my back deck if it were played in my backyard. I always leave upset because GQ don't care what happens in that game and it's not fun to walkout  of the place and lose because the other team is fixing to score against your fourth quarter mop up crew and thinks they have conquered the world. Then at the end of the season the team that beat you goes 2-9 in the season and your playing for the championship.