Blount County Football Poll

32hammer

Taking nothing away from Burstrom, he was a great athlete but he had a great team around him. I think Myrick is a outstanding QB. Accurate arm, command and understanding of the offense and tough.  RIght now I would rank WB All time QBs as McMahon, Myrick, Burtstrom, Young, whitehead, White, Keller. I'm sure I'm forgetting several.

Keller could spin it with that left hand.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking nothing away from Burstrom, he was a great athlete but he had a great team around him. I think Myrick is a outstanding QB. Accurate arm, command and understanding of the offense and tough.  RIght now I would rank WB All time QBs as McMahon, Myrick, Burtstrom, Young, whitehead, White, Keller. I'm sure I'm forgetting several.

Had the privilege of coaching both burstrom and THE KID. Very similar players from a leadership perspective. Both were coaches on the filed. Some differences athletically.

Interesting discussion and good list. Which one (if any) of those guys beat murvil or won the mythical blount county championship? :popcorneater:

This

Hold on. At least 32Hammer says "since 2007". Let's say you started paying attention to WB football when you were 12. That's about 24 years of "athletic" running backs you didn't see.

I thought it went without saying that we were talking about the best players from that time period.

Had the privilege of coaching both burstrom and THE KID. Very similar players from a leadership perspective. Both were coaches on the filed. Some differences athletically.

Interesting discussion and good list. Which one (if any) of those guys beat murvil or won the mythical blount county championship? :popcorneater:

WB didn't play Maryville for a few years ( Not saying they would have won, just putting my next statement into some context. I think 90or 91 was the 1st yr WB beat Maryville. 1st winning season and I think RB Tillet was BC player of the yr.  I think WB beat Maryville maybe in GQ's 1st yr? Can't remember who Qb was? Maybe McMahon team beat Maryville too.  I think WB has 3 or 4 wins over Rebels.  Can anyone else remember?

Best runninbaick evur att Will-Yum Blunt wuz no dowt tha leeder ov tha 3 ....4 horsemen....Mike Fickert...jmo.... :popcorneater:

Fickert was really good but IMHO I think Tony Robinson was better. I think his son played for Alcoa and Univ. of  Kentucky . Tillet and Fickert were close.  Brad Walker had more ability. Garner was faster.

My list right now would probably be Robinson, Tillet, Walker, Fickert, Garner.

Thoughts?

WB didn't play Maryville for a few years ( Not saying they would have won, just putting my next statement into some context. I think 90or 91 was the 1st yr WB beat Maryville. 1st winning season and I think RB Tillet was BC player of the yr.  I think WB beat Maryville maybe in GQ's 1st yr? Can't remember who Qb was? Maybe McMahon team beat Maryville too.  I think WB has 3 or 4 wins over Rebels.  Can anyone else remember?

32h, WB won laist inn '99....Reese wuz QBin'...."Tha nite thay abowt burnt LA two tha grownd"... :popcorneater:

WB didn't play Maryville for a few years ( Not saying they would have won, just putting my next statement into some context. I think 90or 91 was the 1st yr WB beat Maryville. 1st winning season and I think RB Tillet was BC player of the yr. I think WB beat Maryville maybe in GQ's 1st yr? Can't remember who Qb was? Maybe McMahon team beat Maryville too. I think WB has 3 or 4 wins over Rebels. Can anyone else remember?

WB is 3-28 against the Red Rebels

WB is 3-28 against the Red Rebels

I thought that was about right. thanks for confirming.

32h, WB won laist inn '99....Reese wuz QBin'...."Tha nite thay abowt burnt LA two tha grownd"... :popcorneater:

Thanks Stars. I don't see how you guys can remember that stuff so well. Now for the Bonus question,  Can you name who the QB was in the other two wins?