6A Region 2

PIONEERS12

Last year Cookeville was in every game, except the 2nd round playoff game against Maryville. They should have beat Oakland and Blackman. They didn't because they were young up front and both those teams dominated the line of scrimmage. In both these games the cavs secondary played well, they only advantage was in the trenches. Cookeville offense was one dimensional, with no qb to take advantage of ole miss committed Gabe Angel so he was a non-factor. It didn't take long for teams to figure it out;stack box and dare cookeville to pass, which they could not. In the Oakland game I saw a 5 star athlete Jocby Stevens struggle, so much the the was openly complaining to the referee for calls and eventually was benched at half time and did not return to the fourth quarter.(on a side note I just want to say I think Jocby Stevens is not only a GREAT! Player but a better young man). Last year they also were beat by Smyrna, basically for the same reasons, same scenario got beat up front but great in the secondary. So much greatness that against Smyrna the MTSU commit John Turner was benched, replaced by Texas A&M commit Ikenna Okeke, they ran the read option the rest of the game. Cookeville had no answers up-front. So with ALL that being said the reason I have choose cookeville to win this region is because the roles have been reversed this year all three of those teams i mention above all are worried, coming into this fall about the big boys upfront, were cookeville is not. Cookeville has most all o-line and all D-line returning. Both side of the lines starters are in 1000s+lb club and are bigger and lots stronger. That secondary that I write so highly of is back with both corners with div-1 offers, a great young QB that has shown not only to be good on the baseball field,but very clean lean and mean under center, with a rocket for a arm. Many people will ask how do replace a RB like Western Illinois commit Vic Johnson? You don't. You become better by Being more open in your offense, and about Johnson replacement, Blake Ashburn he already has div-1 offers, the kid is a baller! I believe you when at every level with two things ,the men up front and the man under center, if that holds true the Cookeville Cavaliers will win the region 2 6A.

#fearthestash

Not to be too terribly argumentative, but the the Oakland and Blackman games were truly not as close as you recall. I will say that I was impressed with Gabe Angel and that was about it. I think you might be selling both Oakland and Blackman short. While they are young up front they are ridiculously strong and have been scout O and D for the last year against 1st team. while they might be a little green, don't prepare for scrubs, or you will get it handed to you . I think Cookeville will be in the hunt, but I would not write a check on them being in the number one spot. 

Not to be too terribly argumentative, but the the Oakland and Blackman games were truly not as close as you rkmecall. I will say that I was impressed with Gabe Angel and that was about it. I think you might be selling both Oakland and Blackman short. While they are young up front they are ridiculously strong and have been scout O and D for the last year against 1st team. while they might be a little green, don't prepare for scrubs, or you will get it handed to you . I think Cookeville will be in the hunt, but I would not write a check on them being in the number one spot.

You could ask everyone on this site what it means to be "in it" and I'm sure everyone would have a different definition. Below I put a little info From box scores and stats I got online which may help you understand were I am coming from. Gabe is a great young man and TE, but with out a productive QB the great Jerry Rice would have struggled. It would be vacuous of me to think football programs like Oakland and Blackman doesn't have the next man up ready to compete. I just believe that this might be the year for the Cavaliers. #fearthestash

Blackman game: around 10 minutes left in 4th qtr score was 35-28 that's two scores. That is "in it" to me.

Cavs gave up 418yrds on the ground and only 56 threw the air

Gabe Angel 16 yards receiving

Oakland game: going into the 4th qtr score was 7-6. That's "in it" to me.

Cavs gave up 253 on the ground and only 7yrds threw the air

Gabe Angel 6 yards receiving

You could ask everyone on this site what it means to be "in it" and I'm sure everyone would have a different definition. Below I put a little info From box scores and stats I got online which may help you understand were I am coming from. Gabe is a great young man and TE, but with out a productive QB the great Jerry Rice would have struggled. It would be vacuous of me to think football programs like Oakland and Blackman doesn't have the next man up ready to compete. I just believe that this might be the year for the Cavaliers. #fearthestash

Blackman game: around 10 minutes left in 4th qtr score was 35-28 that's two scores. That is "in it" to me.

Taeler Dowdy 27 touches 279 yards 4td's... 21 point win,,,,that is not a line problem, that is tackling problem, a plug the gap problem, a where is the secondary problem....Several starters returning at Blackman... 6 d-1  recruits... 2 Sr.'s  2 Jr's and 2 Sophomores ... By far the most talented team Blackman has ever fielded. I can show you on paper where 14 teams were all knotted up 0-0 with Maryville first quarter... but that does not mean they were in a close game.

Edited by Blaze45

Taeler Dowdy 27 touches 279 yards 4td's... 21 point win,,,,that is not a line problem, that is tackling problem, a plug the gap problem, a where is the secondary problem....Several starters returning at Blackman... 6 d-1 recruits... 2 Sr.'s 2 Jr's and 2 Sophomores ... By far the most talented team Blackman has ever fielded. I can show you on paper where 14 teams were all knotted up 0-0 with Maryville first quarter... but that does not mean they were in a close game.

I see your definition of "in it" is when there is a close score in the 1st qrt. Where my definition is when the score is close in the 4th qtr.As far as large stats in the rushing game a o-line is a huge part, blackmans o-line last year were very dominating thus large stats in the run game.out of those 6 d-1 recruits how many are from the trenches?

I see your definition of "in it" is when there is a close score in the 1st qrt. Where my definition is when the score is close in the 4th qtr.As far as large stats in the rushing game a o-line is a huge part, blackmans o-line last year were very dominating thus large stats in the run game.out of those 6 d-1 recruits how many are from the trenches?

The same number as last year ....none We have 2 thatwent on to play college at Austin Peay and Tennessee Tech. My point being within a score does not make it a close game or one you should have won

Blackman game:3rd qtr score was 21-14 that's two scores. That is "in it" to me.

Edited by daddykriley

To add to my theory of Cookeville being a dark horse in the 6A Region 2. They have added a 6-5 275 lineman out of Mississippi. You gotta love those deadpeirod Transfers LOL! Not for sure how he will contribute looks good in shorts we'll find out here soon if he is the real deal. Not for sure why the kids family choose Cookeville if I had to guess it would be the new Academy Sports and Outdoor Distribution center. If that is the case I believe he will be the first of many that Academy Distribution Center will bring in. 800 jobs got to help local high school football. Lol

#fearthestash

Edited by daddykriley