6A Region 2

PIONEERS12

No, he turned 17 yesterday and is a junior so he will be 18 when he starts senior year. He said he liked football but hewanted to focus on grades, and ROTC. He plans on going in right after senior year (2 years) I have tried to talk him into college first and go in as an officer... He said he wants to serve front line Maybe his Mom will have more persuasion than I did.

Happy Birthday to Lil Blaze. Even though he's not playing, I hope we see you at the games if we should meet up down in the playoffs.

No, he turned 17 yesterday and is a junior so he will be 18 when he starts senior year. He said he liked football but hewanted to focus on grades, and ROTC. He plans on going in right after senior year (2 years) I have tried to talk him into college first and go in as an officer... He said he wants to serve front line Maybe his Mom will have more persuasion than I did. 

B45,  Momma's allways haiv tha best advice...(leest hits thait way arownd my trailer)... B)

Happy Birthday to Lil Blaze. Even though he's not playing, I hope we see you at the games if we should meet up down in the playoffs.

Oh I will be at every game.. I have an 8th grader coming up playing tight end in Middle school now.. if we should see each other down the road I will be sure to come see you all. 

• 2 weeks later...
Will this region reign supreme again this year?[/quote

Yes, this region is the best in the state. Every team in the region has at least one player with a div-1 college football offer. That says a lot about the level of competition in this region.

My pre-season rankings are:

1.Cookeville

2.Oakland

3.Blackman

4.Smyrna

5.Riverdale

6.Siegel

7.Coffee Co.

8.Warren Co.

Will this region reign supreme again this year?[/quote

Yes, this region is the best in the state. Every team in the region has at least one player with a div-1 college football offer. That says a lot about the level of competition in this region.

My pre-season rankings are:

1.Cookeville

2.Oakland

3.Blackman

4.Smyrna

5.Riverdale

6.Siegel

7.Coffee Co.

8.Warren Co.

What does Cookeville have this year or am I missing something? Didn't they lose Johnson and Angel? Definitely don't see them #1 when I don't believe Cookeville was be as good as last year and finished 4th in the conference

ame="daddykriley" post="3520081" timestamp="1467472922"]

What does Cookeville have this year or am I missing something? Didn't they lose Johnson and Angel? Definitely don't see them #1 when I don't believe Cookeville was be as good as last year and finished 4th in the conference

ame="daddykriley" post="3520081" timestamp="1467472922"]

Last year Cookeville was in every game, except the 2nd round playoff game against Maryville. They should have beat Oakland and Blackman. They didn't because they were young up front and both those teams dominated the line of scrimmage. In both these games the cavs secondary played well, they only advantage was in the trenches. Cookeville offense was one dimensional, with no qb to take advantage of ole miss committed Gabe Angel so he was a non-factor. It didn't take long for teams to figure it out;stack box and dare cookeville to pass, which they could not. In the Oakland game I saw a 5 star athlete Jocby Stevens struggle, so much the the was openly complaining to the referee for calls and eventually was benched at half time and did not return to the fourth quarter.(on a side note I just want to say I think Jocby Stevens is not only a GREAT! Player but a better young man). Last year they also were beat by Smyrna, basically for the same reasons, same scenario got beat up front but great in the secondary. So much greatness that against Smyrna the MTSU commit John Turner was benched, replaced by Texas A&M commit Ikenna Okeke, they ran the read option the rest of the game. Cookeville had no answers up-front. So with ALL that being said the reason I have choose cookeville to win this region is because the roles have been reversed this year all three of those teams i mention above all are worried, coming into this fall about the big boys upfront, were cookeville is not. Cookeville has most all o-line and all D-line returning. Both side of the lines starters are in 1000s+lb club and are bigger and lots stronger. That secondary that I write so highly of is back with both corners with div-1 offers, a great young QB that has shown not only to be good on the baseball field,but very clean lean and mean under center, with a rocket for a arm. Many people will ask how do replace a RB like Western Illinois commit Vic Johnson? You don't. You become better by Being more open in your offense, and about Johnson replacement, Blake Ashburn he already has div-1 offers, the kid is a baller! I believe you when at every level with two things ,the men up front and the man under center, if that holds true the Cookeville Cavaliers will win the region 2 6A.

#fearthestash

Cookeville loses 2 QB's from last years team. The one transferred from WC where he played 4 qtrs a game to Cookeville where he was lucky to play 2 qtrs a game. The loss of senior leadership at QB is hard for a lot of teams to overcome. But if you have a true passer and consistency to replace last years 2 QB system, along with the line experience, the Cavs may be better.

Cookeville loses 2 QB's from last years team. The one transferred from WC where he played 4 qtrs a game to Cookeville where he was lucky to play 2 qtrs a game. The loss of senior leadership at QB is hard for a lot of teams to overcome. But if you have a true passer and consistency to replace last years 2 QB system, along with the line experience, the Cavs may be better.

I think the short leash on both of Cookeville QBs were ultimately the reason for last years lack of success at the QB possition for the cavs. In high school sports confidence out ways a lot of ability. With out it kids will struggle. I think the coaching staff will have a much easier decision who plays 4qtrs this year.

#fearthestash