6A Region 2

PIONEERS12

Let's be real...Coffee County, Cookeville, Warren County have never been considered a part of that "SEC District". That was when it was 7AAA (Oakland, Blackman, Riverdale, Smyrna, Siegel, Lavergne) and out of those teams, they went 3-2 last night. The Smryna loss was in impressive win for Dobbyns Bennett. But Siegel was bad this year. That wasn't an impressive win. Nor was the "non old 7AAA" teams in Cookeville, Warren County, and Coffee County that lost. They aren't Rutherford county, they don't even count IMO

Agreed

I'm not a fan of that region. My team is in region 6-5A. No cheese needed for my wine buddy. I wasn't a person screaming "SEC" anything last year of one of those "non 7AAA" teams won a post season game. But yes, most years, not this one completely (besides Oakland and Blackman) but mid - 2000's all the way to a couple years back, Oakland Riverdale Smyrna and Blackman would had smashed most any TN high school football teams besides the exceptions like privates and Maryville. Other than that, the old 7AAA group earned their right to be called "sec" through the years.

Edited by thegreatone36

I'm not a fan of that region. My team is in region 6-5A. No cheese needed for my wine buddy. I wasn't a person screaming "SEC" anything last year of one of those "non 7AAA" teams won a post season game. But yes, most years, not this one completely (besides Oakland and Blackman) but mid - 2000's all the way to a couple years back, Oakland Riverdale Smyrna and Blackman would had smashed most any TN high school football teams besides the exceptions like privates and Maryville. Other than that, the old 7AAA group earned their right to be called "sec" through the years.

You might want to do some research. Go back and look at Riverdale, Oakland, blackman, and Smyrna from 2000 to now.

They have close game against DB, Oakridge, Bearden, Ooltewah etc. Ex. RIVERDALE who lost in the championship game to Brentwood 2002 beat DB in the semis at home 14 to 9. The next year Riverdale lost again in the championship after beating Oakridge 17 to 14. 2005 Riverdale loses in the semis to Oakridge 17 to 0. 2006 when Smyrna won it all their closest game was a 3 point win over Ooltewah in the semis. 2007 Smyrna state champs toughest playoff game was a 3 point semi final win of Bearden.

So your statement of they would smash most high school teams outside of the privates and Maryville is so far off

Excuse me... The entire region that Maryville plays in, region 1, has been and always will be the TOUGHEST REGION FROM TOP TO BOTTOM to ever play in this state...................

No one said that Richard.....

Just that your statement was off with those "sec" schools smashing everyone outside Maryville and privates

Edited by Swipes

No one said that Richard.....

Just that your statement was off with those "sec" schools smashing everyone outside Maryville and privates

Well I over talked them slightly saying they can smash everybody, I clearly don't 100% feel that way. Considering when I was at Gallatin we beat Oakland in reg season, and beat Blackman and Smyrna in scrimmages same year. But I still respect how tough their district was from top to bottom. Edited by thegreatone36

Well I over talked them slightly saying they can smash everybody, I clearly don't 100% feel that way. Considering when I was at Gallatin we beat Oakland in reg season, and beat Blackman and Smyrna in scrimmages same year. But I still respect how tough their district was from top to bottom.

Tested week in and week out. It's been a down couple of years, but still never an easy out.