Dobyns-Bennett Football 2016

tribe141

I might be wrong but I think they did beat the class 5a state runner up Sevier County last year! My point is that playing better competition helps you get better! When you play the locals around here, the players, coaches but especially the fans get a false sense of how good the team is. DB has had some good players and some good coaches, but sometimes you have to step up your game, and I think that is what you will find this year! They played a schedule tougher than any other time in the school's history, now let's see if they are able to step it up! My guess is they will!

DB couldn't beat Sullivan North, Sullivan east, or Hampton by five touchdowns. I would bet my paycheck on that. Questionable if they could even beat a couple of those teams. I triple guarantee you they couldn't have beat Hamptons team from last year, and Hampton is a AA school. These match ups would never happen though.

Technically, a welfare check isn't a 'paycheck'.

Edited by rolltriberoll

Can't wait for Waco's reply to this one...

Would be hard to beat rolltriberole's response. 

DB's football program has some problems that will probably never be fixed so I don't think they will ever be back in the form they were in the late 90's and early 2000's. But so far I haven't seen a DB team that couldn't beat North, East, or Hampton by 5 TD's or worse. We've heard this sort of thing before in past years and then when they actually hit the field they got steam rolled. Then the next morning they were all like 'well you should of beat us you're this big 6A school and we're just 4A" or whatever. And yeah, thats the way it is. Stop running your pie hole if you're a 2A-4A school like Hampton.

Lots of bad #### keyboard warriors on here.Just because your team is DB doesn't make them invincible. Reality is,them whipping every school in the region except Greenville or science hill is far fetched. Maybe not in the 90s.Do you all really think DB is so great now that they could beat Elizabethton? And I will run my pie hole all I want.

Lots of bad #### keyboard warriors on here.Just because your team is DB doesn't make them invincible. Reality is,them whipping every school in the region except Greenville or science hill is far fetched. Maybe not in the 90s.Do you all really think DB is so great now that they could beat Elizabethton? And I will run my pie hole all I want.

Down or not, YES ! DB consistently has and would continue to roll all the teams in upper East Tennessee. Science Hill is Realy the only team that can consistently push us to the limit. That's my pie hole!!!

Gunner0331 you can run your Pie Hole all you want! Your Pie just does not have the ability comprehend the differences in schedules, and understand the the landscape of high school football! There have been three significant coaching changes in the local area that help their teams compete! JC, Elizabethton, and Greeneville have hired really good coaches that have now made their teams competitive and caused their teams to believe they can win! They have improved but could Elizbethon or Greeneville play in the conference DB is in now and compete consistently, and the answers is no! Do you even understand that last year DB played the best teams in the old Big East Conf. Sevier County, Jefferson County, and Science Hill, add Oak Ridge, Maryville, Bearden, Bradley Central, Hardin Valley and William Blount-no Elizabethton, Sullivan South, Sullivan North, Volunteer. DB played with everyone except Maryville, and Blackmon! Tennessee high who is always pretty good was the worst team on the schedule and was the only game DB had to help build confidence and it was the first game of the season, so there were not games in the middle to recoupe hurting players and build confidence! Take what I just said and understand DB has played very few competitive teams over the past 10 years while the other teams in the conference were playing tougher competition and were more ready For the change! Hard to compare Apples to Apples to Past DB successful teams because the Apples are different! Now I will shut my Pie Hole and wait for them to put on the pads to see if the coaches and players have learned from last year! Again my guess is they have!