Dobyns-Bennett Football 2016

tribe141

Looks like you're trying to put forth the notion that the only time DB has ended up 10-0 or 9-1 is when they played against local cupcake teams. Can you tell us when it was that DB played "all the local Tri-Cities teams? Local cupcakes? I'm not going to waste any time checking the exact stats but I believe that DB had more 10-0 and 9-1 seasons when they played in the Big East conference which consisted of Knoxville and Chattanooga teams as well as out of conference Oak Ridge. During those years I believe the local Tri-Cities teams were South, Tennessee High and Science Hill. Not exactly cupcakes. What has happened to DB football is the loss of Darrell Watson as defensive coordinator, very poor coaching at the middle school level and possibly the worst AD in the history of mankind.. Everything else is just fine. Time will tell if it can/will be fixed.

2014  8-2   played 6 local teams

2013  6-4   played 5 local teams

2012  10-0  played 7 local teams

2011  10-0  played 7 local teams

2010  10-0  played 7 local teams

last year:  4-6  played 2 local teams

Anybody seeing a pattern here?

• Upvote 1

THAT'S A BUNCH OF CRAP - from people who never go to a darn game or have a clue about DB Sports .... look at the decade of 5A - Dobyns-Bennett didn't play any local teams other than Science Hill and TOTALLY DOMINATED that Decade.

District oppenents: Sevier County, Science Hill, Jefferson Co., Bearden, Karns, Campbell Co. a few years with William Blount, a few with Morristown East. 

Also, a Final 4 playoff year in '92, and 2 Final 8's. The best DB Teams ever, played when they didn't play North East TN Schools. Period

8 Friday Nights from today and it's Football Time at DB!!

THAT'S A BUNCH OF CRAP - from people who never go to a darn game or have a clue about DB Sports .... look at the decade of 5A - Dobyns-Bennett didn't play any local teams other than Science Hill and TOTALLY DOMINATED that Decade.

District oppenents: Sevier County, Science Hill, Jefferson Co., Bearden, Karns, Campbell Co. a few years with William Blount, a few with Morristown East. 

Also, a Final 4 playoff year in '92, and 2 Final 8's. The best DB Teams ever, played when they didn't play North East TN Schools. Period

8 Friday Nights from today and it's Football Time at DB!!

No, what I'm talking about is what the "average fan" perceives.....     Let me explain...  The average fan goes to games during the time their kid is in school (4 years) and then after that drop off.     With that being said, the average fan does not remember the good times of dominance that you mention (and WacoJaco talked about as well).      They only remember mopping up against mostly local teams over the last few years.       Then comes last year with 80% out-of-area teams and a very dismal record, that's what the average fan remembers.

Well informed HS football guys, like you, me, WacoJaco, BatmanDB, and some others who have watched HS football for decades understand the past, but the average guy just looks at the last 4 years....   and as I have pointed out there is definitely a pattern there.

So there are 2 points of view here, average Joe vs. the rest of us....  So I'm not disagreeing with you at all.    Hope this makes sense, I have not had enough jolts of caffeine yet to be totally rational..   DB will get it turned around, just give it time..

No, what I'm talking about is what the "average fan" perceives.....     Let me explain...  The average fan goes to games during the time their kid is in school (4 years) and then after that drop off.     With that being said, the average fan does not remember the good times of dominance that you mention (and WacoJaco talked about as well).      They only remember mopping up against mostly local teams over the last few years.       Then comes last year with 80% out-of-area teams and a very dismal record, that's what the average fan remembers.

Well informed HS football guys, like you, me, WacoJaco, BatmanDB, and some others who have watched HS football for decades understand the past, but the average guy just looks at the last 4 years....   and as I have pointed out there is definitely a pattern there.

So there are 2 points of view here, average Joe vs. the rest of us....  So I'm not disagreeing with you at all.    Hope this makes sense, I have not had enough jolts of caffeine yet to be totally rational..   DB will get it turned around, just give it time..

With that definition of the "average fan" you are correct.

Don't know much about Zack but sounds like a step in the right direction.....finally.

It was a done deal before the process started but  at the same time the only choice that could have worked with coach Clark still there .Nobody else in the world could have came in and not been toast from the begaining.No change from what's been done for the last year or two,but atleast Zack will have a much better chance to bring some new blood to an old system that hasn't worked .

It was a done deal before the process started but  at the same time the only choice that could have worked with coach Clark still there .Nobody else in the world could have came in and not been toast from the begaining.No change from what's been done for the last year or two,but atleast Zack will have a much better chance to bring some new blood to an old system that hasn't worked .

Okay, a base hit and not a home run. I'm going back to sleep.