1A REGION 5

TALMAD

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to wonder about the boys from mtcs. They lost a lot of seniors last year but they seem to be a surprisingly good team this year. May be the team in our region to surprise some teams. May not. I'm starting to think trousdale and Ncs may have to hunker down and play some real football to get past them. Did they get new players or did they have good ones last year waiting for their turn. Does anyone know? They are putting up some points with a really good qb that no one knows anything about.

QB is Joe Peck....Same as last year.  Been at the school since Kindergarten.

Three teams out of this region have won a state championship since 2012.

Ncs- last year (1a)

Trousdale- 2013 (2a)

Gordonsville-2012 (1a)

A fourth team jo byrns has been in the championship game as recently as 2008 & 2010

Thats why i cant figure out as to why there is not more chatter on hear on this forum!!! You would think this region would get alot of looks! Ya alot of teams are down but they still know how to Win games!!! The top 4 teams that represented in state last year was all good solid teams!!! As for this year well i know my boys are down but they is several boys on that team that are great players and can change things in a hurry!!! What has happened to all the NCS posters from last year??? I have only seen them on once or twice!! I know they think no one likes them lol well that may be why never mind lol!!! JK   NCS fans but we would like to see you guys posting cause we know you are all lurking!!!

Thats why i cant figure out as to why there is not more chatter on hear on this forum!!! You would think this region would get alot of looks! Ya alot of teams are down but they still know how to Win games!!! The top 4 teams that represented in state last year was all good solid teams!!! As for this year well i know my boys are down but they is several boys on that team that are great players and can change things in a hurry!!! What has happened to all the NCS posters from last year??? I have only seen them on once or twice!! I know they think no one likes them lol well that may be why never mind lol!!! JK   NCS fans but we would like to see you guys posting cause we know you are all lurking!!!

I don't think the talk is there because these teams know what a championship team looks like and they don't see one right now.  Since JB's 2010 championship run, our record is 32-28 with two wins in the playoffs.  We're down again this year.  It's not fun when you're not winning.

I don't think the talk is there because these teams know what a championship team looks like and they don't see one right now.  Since JB's 2010 championship run, our record is 32-28 with two wins in the playoffs.  We're down again this year.  It's not fun when you're not winning.

I agree with you about it not being fun! I still got to pull for my boys though! We are hurting and prob will be hurting and down for a few years! After next year i will be on about a 9 year dry spell before my next son gets to play! I still love to watch and talk football! I do like getting on the T and talking to all u guys and have met several of you guys in person. Anyway win or lose i like to pull for these region teams and support the kids!!!

I agree with you about it not being fun! I still got to pull for my boys though! We are hurting and prob will be hurting and down for a few years! After next year i will be on about a 9 year dry spell before my next son gets to play! I still love to watch and talk football! I do like getting on the T and talking to all u guys and have met several of you guys in person. Anyway win or lose i like to pull for these region teams and support the kids!!!

9 years? I'll have a grandkid playing by then!

I have a question of we hear talk about Tc and ncs I'm wondering how good is this mtcs? I'm hearing they not a bad team

I'm hearing the same. I don't usually compare scores but if I did.......

Mtcs 34

Jo byrns 14

Tc 28

Jo byrns 7

Almost identical point spread. I was told by a jo byrns friend that they played a lot better against us. Begs the question did jo byrns have a bad game against mtcs or did they make jo byrns look bad. Mtcs plays Ncs before us so I would say if mtcs keeps it within 2 td's then we will have a tough game on our hands. The game will be at home. That can only help on the mystic creekbank. I hear they have a pretty good qb but we have a stout defense. It is the strength of our team. Keep in mind king jacket that we should have all of our missing starters back by then.

Edited by Creekbank1997